𝟏𝟏

𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

Awarthon had never braided this sort of braid before. He had never been taught in his years of life. These braids are what they would wear to ask for permission from their parents to court. The traditional way of venturing out alone and seeing if they could last for months alone just the two of them. Of course, with a shelter prepared but relying on each other besides that. "I feel your father will denounce me based on my skills of braids," Awarthon mumbled.

"I feel as if my love over thinks," Legolas replied as he looked at his reflection. "For no ones first braid is beautiful," he explained reassuringly.

"Yet mine came out wonderfully," Awarthon replied softly, burying his face into the back of his neck. Awarthon tried to save it by dragging his hand along the braid, allowing small flowers to bloom along Legolas' hair.

"Your hair is thick and dense. And waves that hold to any style," legolas smiled softly as he watched the flowers appear in his hair. "Shall we go and call upon your parents to announce the news?" Legolas asked, standing up and helping Awarthon off the couch they sat at.

_______________________________________

The dragon was dead. And safely, they had arrived to land by morning. Tauriel looked with the girls for Bain and Bard as he ventured to help the Dwarves. Kili walked over to him, "your engaged to a prince?" He asked softly, sitting next to the cloaked male.

"Indeed I am?" Awarthon confirmed but spoke as if it was a question. as he finished patching up the boat they were to use to join the others. Tauriel left to go find Bard and Bain with Tilda and Sigrid. Which left him free and open for conversation. he tied off a rope to a shovel they were to use as a paddle. "Sit, here fix this," he said, handing him a broken paddle. "Why do you ask of my marital status?" He asked

Kili sat across from him and began trying to go fix it with what they had laying around. "Is it that elf prince who captured us? Is that why he pulled you aside so often," Kili asked. Awarthon could tell he was more so in need of advice on elves.

Awarthon gave a nod, "You would be right Master Kili. Legolas and I are, in fact, together. We have been for a thousand years by now," he said softly, "He couldn't just let us go. And as much as I am fond of the prince... he tends to obey his father's rules," he hummed softly, "I believe you inquired to discuss Tauriel?" He asked, "perhaps courting rituals or just about her?"

Kili nodded sheepishly, "She is beautiful and brave," he said bashfully. A smile plastered on his face as he looked down at the paddle he had fixed. "I would want to know what is a sort of... way to impress an elf as beautiful as her," Kili asked softly.

"Share with her a skill of yours, something small and simple. Could be that of poetry or of sculpture. Or any meaningful gift," he suggested, "even something small can mean the world to an elf," Awarthon spoke softly. "Especially when it's made from love and memories," he said, pressing a hand to his heart, "a gesture could even mean a thousand words to an elf,"

Kili nodded as he handed the paddles to Awarthon. "Here. I must go and do something," he said softly. And Awarthon knew what it, yet he nodded and got back to work.

Time was ticking, and Legolas was yet to appear. Wandering further along the shore, onto the earth of dirt and grass. Following a make shift road to try to find Legolas now that he had finished his task, he spotted Legolas approaching on a horse. He waved him down, and just as quickly as he spotted him, legolas leaped from his horse. As if from a movie, he picked up Awarthon from under the arms spinning him. Just as he had done plenty of the times when he came back from patrol of near death experiences. Seeking a sort of homey comfort in Awarthon. "I'm here. You are okay," Awarthon whispered in a comfort. Feeling hands tangle in his hair, pushing him closer. Gladly, he listened, burying his face into his neck.