𝟏𝟔

It wasn't orcs, just bandits trying to rob a family. Which Legolas quickly did away with. Awarthons priorities where the people inside the old barn. Rushing forward, pushing and pulling through the falling walls of smoke and ash. Up the stairs and over holes of falling wood He came across a bedroom that looked to be a room for children. A mother held a toddler and a newborn coughing from the smoke. "Take my babies," she begged Awarthon.

He shook his head no, "all of you," he responded as he kicked the wall a few more hard kicks the weakened wood caved in. Vine reached up to act as a ladder and then morph into a sort of slide. His nose bled thin red drops. Using his strength, he opened up the hole enough for them to escape. The woman quickly made her way down the vines he had grown, and legolas grabbed the toddler and helped the woman up. Awarthon jumped down and sent the vines away back to the earth. "Is there anyone else?" He asked firmly.

"My husband and daughter, somewhere in the stables," she pointed towards a dilapidated building coughing in a frantic tone. Legolas handed Awarthon the toddler before he ran off to check. "What are you?" She asked as she held her crying baby, trying to soothe them.

Awarthon used his cloak to cover the crying toddler humming a soft tune and looked over at the lady, "Awarthon the forest," he spoke softly as he handed the calmed toddler back to her. "Legolas, prince of mirkwood," he spoke softly before he left to join Legolas, who had found the daughter and was trying to save the father.

Without a word, Legolas backed off from the half elf male. Letting Awarthon take care of it. Using his vines, he lifted up the debre. Legolas pulled him out. The leg was mangled, and the daughter gasped, looking away. Awarthon quickly used his vines to secure the leg. The male gasped in pain and agony. "Legolas hold his hand," Awarthon commanded. "I need you to squeeze Legolas's hand as I heal this wound," he spoke firmly. For what he was about to do would be painful. "Three, two... one " on the word one as it rolled from his lips. The vines punctured his skin. Pushing the bones back into place and acting as it did his own injury. A guttural scream sounded from the half elf as he grabbed at legolas's hand.

"Awarthon, you're bleeding," Legolas spoke up and watched as his lover just wiped it away.

"I saved. It's worth it," Awarthon spoke. "Get your father crutches," he told the girl, who nodded firmly. Who started to look around for wood for her father to use to hobble on. The fire was dying down, and everyone was safe.

...

"Awarthon, are you sure?" Legolas asked softly.

"We are not using it," Awarthon spoke softly as he poked at the campfire. "Just until we get back. Then they can build up their own..." Awarthon added softly. Having set up a camp away from the family.

Legolas sighed softly and pressed his head against his, "Then it shall be," he spoke softly and kissed his forhead. "Go tell them,"

______________

Back on the road.

"if we send everyone to our home, we may have a kingdom by the time we get back," legolas teased they shared a horse, Awarthon was drained from use of magic. He rested his head on Legolas's back.

"I detest royalty to become one would be slander," he joked as he played with Legolas's hair. It was a common joke between them. How the peasant who hates authority fell for a symbol of authority. "They, they need a place to stay. They have been kicked from their kingdoms for being half elves. They deserve a home. Im sure of Radagast and Gandalf are over they can build them a house in a few days,"

"They can do that? How come we built it then?" Legolas asked curiously. Awarthon only laughed.

"To make it special. I could have just sprouted a tree with Radagasts' help to build a house inside, I'm sure that's what he will do for them," he laughed.