𝟏𝟕

They walked further ahead, nearing the gates of the town. They were planning to turn around now that they had restocked on anything they used. And Awarthon had gotten stuff for their home. What seemed to be refugees from a town begging for first aid and a place to stay. Awarthon, being a nose man he is run ahead to see the issues. Pushing past the crowds of people. The gaurds seemed to be trying to turn them away, for they had no room.

"Wait!" Awarthon called out as he shoved past the gaurds, his voice doing its strange echo. "You need medical aid?" Awarthon asked the male who seemed to have been leading the people. Legolas pushed through joining Awarthon. A gaurd tried to grab him, but he without looking shot up vines in an X position to keep the guard from getting closer to him. "No," he said bluntly. "You shall not just throw people out. Do you have no morals, or is the pay too good to follow them," he scoffed at the gaurd, who seemed horrified at the powerful magic. He removed his hood as he gazed at the gaurds with a fierce gaze but softened upon the refugees.

"Yes.. yes, our town was overtaken. Only a few of us survived, and we came seeking refugee here," the male said out of breath. "we have a camp nearby. We have been turned away by many towns and villages for these are hard times for many," he said clearly warn from battle. "Our ill are back at camp. Many may not see the night,"

"We will help," Legolas spoke out, which surpized Awarthon. Strider was watching from the distance as he approached. The rain laid heavy as Awarthon ran to their horses, jumping on his leading Legolas's horse to them both. Striders called out to Awarthon, so he led it as well.

"I'm afraid we have no horses." The male spoke softly.

"You shall ride with Awarthon. He is quick on a horse," legolas took a diplomatic charge as his love handed strider his horse. "Strider, can you accompany these people to camp," Legolas asked. Strider nodded firmly. "Strider shall accompany your healthy back to camp," he spoke up.

Awarthon grabbed the human male's hand and helped him onto his horse. He quickly fled off into a gallop. "Say where we need to turn," Awarthon commanded as they rushed forward. The human nodded as he felt a spell cascade on him.

"Left here," the human commanded, and Awarthon pulled the horse left. Trees seemed to move for them, and roots tucked in. The human clung onto him as they moved forward. A small camp came into view at the small runes that left a small bit of shelter and a good size clearing in the forest. "The medical wing is under there," he called out.

The camp looked to be in shambles. The elderly caring for the weak and mothers trying to nurse. Their seemed to be a small pile of the dead covred by tarps. Awarthons heart shattered. He pulled back the curtain and walked into the medical bay. Removing his hood that had become stained with water and mud, "Where are the critical patients," he spoke softly to an elderly nurse.

"Behind there," she pointed before two younger nurses stood to follow Awarthon, holding a box of herbs he could use.

...

The sight made his stomach turn. Some had lost limbs, and some had stab wounds that ran deep. Awarthon smelled the decay and rot and walked over to a child who had lost her hand. "Hello," he spoke softly, "can I see your hand?"

She nodded, "I don't feel it anymore," she spoke softly as she watched the warlock sit next to her. "I just feel sick now,"

The wound looked infected. "Okay, well, I have just what can make you feel better, okay?" Awarthon spoke gently from his bag he pulled out some seeds. "Can I please have a bowl of hot water?" He asked the nurse, and she nodded. He grew the seeds in his hand and grinded them up. Adding a drop of honey and other remedies for anyone with an infection. It was an antibiotic for it all. He then distributed the mixture into small capsules of an edible leaf. "Give anyone with a fever these," he instructed as he scribbled down the instructions on how he made it.