Mishaps and Accidents

"Eren, No."

"Come on Mika."

"Eren...I can't."

"Yes you can."

"Are you going to explain to Petra why I left my shift to go with you to go see a scary movie?"

Eren was at her job standing in front of the counter trying to convince her to play hooky with her Job. She's known Eren long enough now to know he would not let up on the topic.

"Yes, I'll tell her just that. Come on our friends will be there."

"You wouldn't care if they were there or not." She said chuckling. "Well true.. but what am I supposed to do without my girlfriend being there with me?" He said pouting.

"Enjoy the movie with your friends." She said.

"But you're like my main friend. You're my girlfriend!"

"Wow, Armin's heart just broke somewhere."
She said as he chuckled. "Ugh fine, I'll go without you." He said. She noticed the small pout still on his face. He turned around slowly and kicked his legs up while he walked slowly towards the door.

She sighed. "Fine Eren.. give me a few minutes to clean up and talk to Petra, but you're taking me home first to change." She said as he turned back to her with a big smile. "Dress warm! It's as cold as a polar bears ass." He said.

"You're so random." She chuckled. She took her work apron off as she walked to the back of her store. Petra gladly let Mikasa take the rest of her shift off, they were pretty slow today anyways. No one really wants frozen yogurt when it's 40 degrees outside.

Mikasa grabbed her jacket and slipped it on while walking to the front where Eren stood. "You owe me."
She said.

"Oh? What do you want in return?" He asked. She looked up to see the smirk on his face. "You're such a dirty mind." She said as he chuckled.

He drove them to her house, when she got out she asked him to stay inside. Every time he's come over or if she goes over his house, they get too caught up with one another and somehow always end up forgetting about their initial plans.

She quickly went go her room and changed her clothes. She would get sick if she took a shower and went out in that weather. She put on a turtleneck white sweater, some dark brown tights, white fuzzy socks and her brown ugh boots. She grabbed another thick sweater because she knew she would need it.

She put her hair in a neat ponytail because the wind would just blow it everywhere if she kept it down. She grabbed a clear lipgloss and her phone and walked back out her room.

When she turned to lock the door outside, she could hear rustling coming from the side of the house, it pulled her attention. Her Aunt and Levi weren't home, so what exactly was over there? At this time at night?

For the past month and a half she hasn't had a single episode, not one. Her sleeping was peaceful at night, her anxiety wasn't through the roof and she spent more time enjoying herself with Eren and the others rather than looking over her shoulder.

But of course like always, it never really goes away for good, it's just buried deep down hiding behind her happiness and joy she's started to feel.

The rustling didn't stop, she wanted to chalk it up as the wind that was blowing the bushes, but the other side didn't move at all. So it couldn't be the wind.

Maybe she was imagining it, it wouldn't be the first time she did. She could feel her breathing quickening. She needed to calm down. It was all in your mind Mikasa.