Four

“It’s you.”

Tyler stood still, but as he was being stared down, he shifted his position to hide the view of Wednesday in the background. He for one was aware of the school's rule that prohibited boys and girls from going to the other’s dorm, and he was not going to get them both in trouble on his first day. Especially after he was sure this uninvited guest would unravel upon figuring out who was in his dorm room alone. Imagine the kind of accusations that would be thrown at him so mercilessly.

“Did you need something...?” Tyler began, his look flashing to that fake innocence he spent so long perfecting. “What the hell are you doing here?” Wednesday perked up from her spot to listen in on the conversation, only concerned by the way this exchange seemed to have gone downhill so quickly. “What do you mean? I’m a student here, didn’t you hear?” The final question was only an half actual concern of his. He hadn’t asked Wednesday if her friends knew he was showing up, although he had previously prepared himself for the harsh reactions he was going to receive as a result of his…close relationship with Wednesday. That, and because he may or may not have killed a bunch of people while under the control of someone, but that’s beside the point!

“I don’t know who you think you are, but-” Tyler cut him off, “Xavier, was it? I’m pretty busy right now. Come back later.” His attempt to get him off his back was anything but successful though. Xavier only grew more irritated as Tyler spoke. “Did Wednesday invite you?” His voice seemed strained, like the mere thought of her doing that shook him to the core. Despite her obvious disinterest, Xavier was more than still into Wednesday in the romantic sense. But to Xavier, it didn’t make sense. After what had happened, would she even want to hang out with Tyler at all? He only asked because he knew they had some sort of thing before the whole Hyde situation, and the fact they both arrived at Nevermore on the same day… It was too much of a coincidence to him.

Suddenly, a hand nudged Tyler's arm, lightly pushing him off to the side as the shorter girl appeared from behind him. “I can’t fathom how that’s any concern to you,” Wednesday spoke in the same tone as always, monotone and straight to the point. She wasn’t one for petty drama, and she definitely wasn’t one to listen to other guys jealously over something she didn’t care about.

“Wednesday.” Xavier managed to get out as he pushed strands of his hair out of his face, her name not as a greeting, but as a response to the shock he was experiencing. “Xavier.” She replied vacantly, her gaze shifting from the jealous guy to Tyler. “Is that all?” Wednesday questioned, Xavier beginning to sputter out some random nonsense as he glared at the brown-haired boy. “Could we talk?” Xavier finally spat out, Wednesday’s expression never changing. “Okay.” When he noted how she wasn’t moving, he added, “Alone?” While staring directly at Tyler.

“Would you look at the time? Shoot.” Tyler shot a look towards his wrist, where there was no watch or clock of any sort evident. Yet he still acted like he had some sort of important event. He didn’t. Unless investigating murder counted as important. With that, he shut the door in Xavier’s face, letting out a sigh of relief at having such a bothersome guy gone. To be frank, Xavier would not give up on this conversation but decided he would catch them later on when they weren’t able to hide in another room.

“Before I was interrupted, I was going to say that the best course of action is to find this missing body.” Wednesday began, recalling the details of how the person at the funeral was in fact, not who it should have been. “How are we supposed to do that? They probably dumped the body miles away from here.” While he was right, it was the best chance of a lead so far.