One

The deafening bolts of lightning and the roars of thunder made for the grand scenery dear Wednesday Addams was infatuated by.

She was always packed for the days it did happen to rain, considering herself lucky whenever it had. Clutching her umbrella in one hand, she slowly, yet calmly, made her way to Weathervane Cafe. It was the same as she remembered, the once light cement beneath her feet darkened by the raindrops overhead. When she made it under the warm embrace of the loft above, she closed the umbrella and stepped inside. The familiar chime of the door notified those inside the building of her arrival, though none looked up from their spots.

It wasn't particularly busy, in which only one or two people sat around, yet still very spaced from the other. Both were looking at their devices, one with a large laptop open, typing away for presumably an essay of sorts. The other was scrolling mindlessly on their phone, and Wednesday stared blankly with a look of distaste. Oh, how the minds of youth were utterly corrupted by technology. She only had a phone because Xavier gifted it to her. It still lay face down in a drawer she barely touched, only ever using it to answer Enid or of course, Xavier.

Speaking of Enid, she was the source of Wednesday's visit. Not to the cafe necessarily, but to Jericho. She was visiting as a surprise for her and Eugene, as amongst her many rambles, Enid confessed both she and Eugene missed her "so much! :'(." Wednesday despised surprises that weren't to her benefit, but she was aware of how much other people seemed to enjoy them. Hence the reason for the gift of her arrival.

The means for her visit to the cafe were no less than curiosity, as ashamed as Wednesday was to admit it. It wasn't to buy coffee, (although she wouldn't mind some expresso...) but rather to cure some burning questions in her mind.

What had happened to Tyler Galpin?

Her biggest theory was that he was sent off somewhere for help. She assumed those around him, especially his father, were aware of what he had become and would provide him with some assistance.

That was until she caught a glimpse of curly brown locks of hair, and a warm smile. Wednesday was already standing in place, but the view caused her to tense up even further. What?

Through all of her speculation, all the nights she laid awake analyzing, she was only partially debating the idea that Tyler Galpin, the assumed convicted Hyde, would be back to his normal life in this little Cafe.

So many questions were at the tip of her tongue, it almost made her light-headed. He shouldn't be around normies. Better yet, he shouldn't be near anyone at all. So why...?

His back was then faced towards her, meaning she couldn't see his face, yet she could still remember every detail of his appearance. She hated a part of herself for it. Yet for some reason, she just couldn't get him out of her mind.

"There you go! Have a nice evening." With that, Tyler dropped off the mug and headed back towards the counter, his body now facing the door and Wednesday, who was suddenly on the opposite side of the counter.

Tyler stayed silent for a moment, his green eyes examining the other's expression as his lips curled into a sickeningly sweet smile. "Would you look at that? What a... great surprise, Wednesday." His 'great' was displayed in such a way, she knew he was trying to get under her skin. Acting as if nothing had happened was a bold move on his part. Wednesday stayed silent, her eyes flashing to a glare.

"How have you been? It's been so long." He then went on, his hand already beginning to start up on the espresso machine. He still had her order memorized, she took note of it. "Not up for the chat? I'm a bit disappointed, truly." He then slid a cup of espresso, no cream, no sugar across the counter. As bitter as it came. Wednesday went to open her mouth, not sure of which question she would jab at first when Tyler spoke up.