Chapter 6: More Than Enough Proof

For all the times I felt cheated, I complained,

You know how I love to complain,

For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame,

I still cursed that rain,

I didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue,

Then out of the blue,

"God Gave Me You by Bryan White," bulong ko sa sarili ko. Kinakantahan niya ako. Hindi man yung boses na tipong papasalahin ko siya sa Pinoy's Got Talent, pero nakakalma ako sa boses niya na kinikilig na hindi ko maintindihan.

God gave me you to show me what's real,

There's more to life than just how I feel,

And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes,

And all that I live for though I didn't know why,

Now I do, 'cause God gave me you ..

Sabay tingin siya saken. Nasa isang room kami. Nirentahan niya ng isang oras para makapagkaraoke kami. Hindi sa pagmamayabang, pero may boses naman akong kumanta. Pero siya, hindi ko alam. Pag kumakanta kasi kami sa kotse, puro joke time lang. Binibiro niya yung pagkanta. Kaya ngayong naririnig ko na nang seryosohin niya, natutunaw na ata ako sa kinauupuan ko.

Tapos biglang nagflashback yung araw na nakita kong inapproach siya ni Demi bago kami makapagkita ni Greg.

He was surprised to see her, yun malinaw kong  nakita. And I could see clearly from where I was standing all that happened after. Demi hugged him immediately. He didn't hug her back though. His hands were limp at his sides. And then he put his hands on her waist. I thought he was going to push her away. That's what he should have done. That's what I kept hoping he would do. He did push her away but only at arms length. They were talking. And then she was suddenly crying. He frowned at her.

"What were they talking about?" bulong ko sa sarili ko.

She kept talking and talking, and I realized that he wasn't holding her anymore. He was just staring at her and listened to her. But she held him tightly on his right arm. Then she suddenly kissed him. His eyes widened. Push her away! Why aren't you pushing her away? He wasn't resisting her. He wasn't doing anything to stop her. He.. He still loves her. I wanted to run away. I wanted to get out of there. But I couldn't. I was just frozen there. Subconsciously thinking that I had to see this through. When finally he pushed her away, he was still frowning. Even while he was talking to her. Demi bowed her head and started crying again. And then she walked away.

Tapos na? Pwede na akong makientrance din?

I knew I needed to know the explanation. I know it wasn't his fault. So minutes after, I walked towards him. He was still standing. He couldn't go back to sitting after what had happened, I guess.

"Greg, kanina ka pa?" sabi ko nung nakalapit na ako. Kunwari wala akong nakita.

Will he tell me what happened?

"Uh.. um, hi-hindi. Halos kararating ko lang."

Liar.

"Ahh. Ganun ba. So ano, tara na?" at magsisimula na sana akong tumalikod at maglakad.

He just lied to me! Ugh!

"A-Amie, I-um," pinigilan niya ako at hinawakan ako sa braso ko.

"Hmm?" sabi ko. Yan lang nasabi ko kasi nayayamot ako at pinipigilan ko lang inis ko.

"We need to talk," Yeah, I know.