The Battle Of Fallen Heroes [2]

Malzeno and Vlad's battle began the moment their spears returned to their sides, with Malzeno spinning the sharp tip against the ground, splitting it with ease. Vlad retaliated the motion by countering it with the middle of his silver impaler.

The impacts were light, but the pace of their movements reached lightning speeds. Malzeno, despite being thrilled by this battle, was still cautious. From the class skill that Rulers are given, he could discern the names of his opponents. In the blink of an eye, Saint Martha didn't seem "imposing." but Malzeno knew better. She had the slight smell of a Dragon on her, but it wasn't the Dragon that made Malzeno have alarm bells ringing in his head.
It was her.

What a scary woman...

Vlad, however, felt his heart race. The pounding it was giving his chest was beyond any other known sensation. His [Madness Enchantment] was silenced. For whatever reason, he was completely sane and unbothered by the constant swirl of madness.

He had no idea what was happening but was truly grateful for it.

Malzeno spun his Duke Impaler with incredible velocity, causing it to whip up a twister in front of him like a protective barrier.

The action caught Vlad off guard as the turbulent winds threw off his thrust. Amid the spiraling winds, two crimson dots pierced through before a bronze-gold piece of metal made its way through the winds.

Vlad caught on to this and summoned another Impaler in his right hand to intercept the incoming attack. The two Impalers immediately broke upon contact, and the turbulent winds stopped their incessant howling as Malzeno cut through it.

The battle continued with Malzeno and Vlad using two Impalers, increasing the thrill of the fight tenfold. The red gems glowed from Malzeno's Duke Impalers before his agility took effect. Malzeno took one step forward.

This singular movement closed the distance between him and Vlad in one split second. It was faster than anyone could conceive without having their sense of sight heightened.
In a black burst, Malzeno had struck Vlad with the blunt side of his Impalers, striking at his ankles with the right Impaler and at the rib with his left Impaler. This left speechless expressions on the audience of his fight.

"Teleportation Magecraft?" Carmilla theorized with her yellow eyes fixated on the battle that left her petrified. "No, I didn't sense magic being used at all. What is happening?"

Vlad took a step back to observe the damage he had done. He knew Malzeno could've pierced through the spots he attacked but went for the blunt ends. This wasn't out of disrespect but to show the power between the two and how far that gap was. It was then that Vlad took note of Malzeno's new appearance.

His red eyes were more menacing than before, almost as if they darkened like insanity had set in, while his arms, chest, and parts of his face had black, obsidian scales. His white hair changed from its metallic gray to a shade of black with gold tips.

"I was unsure I could access this form in a Human body, but I'm glad it paid off. I hope you don't mind me showing off a bit," Malzeno flashed sharp fangs as his voice took on a metallic note.
.
.
.
Jeanne and Jalter were also locked in combat, with Jalter having an odd feeling about using two flag poles instead of one. Although the two Jeannes were similar in appearance, with some differences, their fighting styles were different in every aspect.

Jeanne fought with the same elegance she did in her life, untainted by the impurities and hindrance of her summoning. Jalter went for lethal stabs and slashes with the poise of an angry beast. It was a vengeful style.

Yet, despite this, they seemed to be on equal footing. That confused Jalter, Jeanne's summoning should have left her nothing but a crippled insect, scrouging to make it to the next day, yet here she stood fighting with the full might of a hero, with a burning determination that was unquenchable.