Summoning

.

.

.

Malzeno's eyes were fixated on the large shield that was used as a conduit to summon Servants. It was a nifty piece of metal, and Malzeno found himself holding back from eating a bite off of it.

"Who would answer Ritsuka's call?"

That was the question floating in everyone's mind at the moment. They knew firsthand how good and terrible a Heroic Spirit can be. It's the main reason Malzeno was standing guard beside Ritsuka.

"Are you ready? We'll begin the summoning."

With a sigh, Ritsuka closed her eyes tightly. A wave of nervousness and anxiety washed over her as she began to pray for someone like Malzeno, someone who could help him and most of all, someone who would aid them no matter the cost. Good or bad, Ritsuka didn't care at this moment.

Then it happened, a strong surge leaked from the confines of the shield, putting Malzeno in high alert as he shielded her from the gust of wind that whipped around the summoning room.

Clank!

The sound of metal entered everyone's ears, followed by the sound of crackling fire.

"...Servant Avenger, Jeanne D'Arc. I answered to your summoning."

"EH! ITS HER!" Roman, who was sitting in a room up top shouted in disbelief.

"Oh! I didn't expect to be here so soon," Jeanne or Jalter, for simplicity sake, said with a evil smile on her face.

"Jeanne..." Ritsuka felt conflicted, a huge part of her wished to summon the Jeanne they were with, but it seemed fate had other plans.

"The Dragon Witch, huh?" Malzeno didn't look worried about this, making the not-so-optimistic Roman wither in his seat.

"You..." Jalter had a bone to pick with Malzeno, but realized it was pointless, she'll hold it off for now.

"We have enough juice for another Servant," Roman mustered up the courage to speak.

"Alright!" Ritsuka managed to say with some confidence, even though the Dragon Witch was their enemy before, it was water under the bridge now.

"Summoning another one? How greedy."

"The more the merrier," Malzeno answered. "So you do remember us?"

"Of course I do. I still have to repay my debt to you, as much as I hate to admit it."

Malzeno could tell the young maiden was being hard on herself, even after her "death." She feels the need to repay them, or more specifically, him. It was unwarranted, the debt was fulfilled already.

"Don't worry about it. The fact you answered us was enough to pay it back. For now, we're comrades."

"Comrades..."

Jalter struggled to come to terms with such a word, even though she was created by Gilles, the memories, the hatred, and was all too real. She rather not be comrades, but when it came to Malzeno, it felt genuine.

"I'm beginning!" Ritsuka powered up the summoning once again.

Like before, the shield began to generate a powerful force, blue lights flickered along the white lines. With a heavy turbulence, the power died down, revealing a feminine figure in a pitch black armor.

"NOT AGAIN!" Roman fell in his chair, fainting after seeing who was summoned.

Malzeno raised a brow at the armored female, his curiosity piqued as he felt the presence of a dragon.

Artoria Pendragon (Alter)

"Fascinating, to be summoned by the one who bested me in battle. As such, you're my Master, this fallen blade is yours."

"Tch!" Jalter clicked her tongue.

"Hmph, I see you have made quite an interesting line up, last Master of humanity."

Malzeno, none the wiser, just popped a screw in his mouth and began to eat. This was seen by everyone, who just gave him an incredulous look.

"Did I do something wrong?"

""Yes,""Jalter and Artoria responded at once.

"Umm," Mash didn't know where to begin.

"Is it the clothes?"

""No"" Again, Jalter and Artoria said simultaneously.

"You look good Malzeno," Ritsuka gave a thumbs up for encouragement, which Malzeno returned.

.

.

.

Later in the briefing area, Ritsuka, Mash, Malzeno, Jalter and Artoria waited for Roman to regain his bearings after almost dying twice due to the altered Servants being summoned.

"I am aware of the Grand Order, I do not need to be briefed," Artoria spoke bluntly, with a unique blankness to her tone.

"Tch, now she thinks she's high and mighty," Jalter grumbled as she sat across from the fallen King Of Knights.

"Of course, unlike someone who proclaimed herself Dragon Witch, I was a King."

"Uh-..." Roman began to speak, but the glares from Jalter and Artoria zipped his lips.

Malzeno for one rubbed his chin, not seeing the problem the two alters could have. Although when his crimson eyes gazed over to Artoria, his pupils seemed to shrink. He didn't know why but he quickly fought the urge to...protect.

"Anyway," Roman coughed. "I'm sure both of you are aware, but you're not aware of Malzeno's existence here in our world."

"Hmm," Artoria was curious about that, and her pale eyes finally turned to Malzeno. "A Pseudo Servant?"

"I didn't notice before, but you do resemble the Archer from Singularity F, except with the red markings under your eyes."

"Yes I'm inhabiting a vessel, I believe Gaia chose this body, so until this "Grand Order" is finish, I will ensure I give it back unscathed."

"The actual Gaia?" Artoria interest was now piqued.

"Correct," Malzeno said with a nod. "I'm from a world completely different from this one. I'm an Elder Dragon."

"Yes, I can certainly feel the Draconic nature flowing through you, but to claim yourself as an Elder Dragon, though I am unfamiliar with it, still isn't enough for me to think highly of you."

"Oh? So you want to fight?" Malzeno felt an inexplicable urge to fight, his silted pupils sharpened as they stared at Artoria's pale yellow eyes.

"What better way to see who's the strongest," Jalter clapped, her excitement also showing through her wicked smile.

Roman just watched everything with a tired gaze as he slumped in the chair.

"We're doomed."
__________________________________

AN: Considering I skipped Singularity F, next chapter will be Malzeno vs Artoria to make up for it.

Any Male servants you guys want summoned? To balance out everything.