Battle Of Dragons

[AN: Thanks for the suggestions from last chapter.]

.

.

.

Due to the technology in Chaldea, a stimulator for training was built prior. This was to test the powers of Servants and the like. However, at this moment, it was used for the fight between Malzeno and Artoria Pendragon, or known in life as King Arthur.

Yet, this particular King Arthur was an alter, like Jalter. Standing to the sidelines were Ritsuka, Mash, and Jalter.

In the battlefield, surrounded by lush green fields and faraway mountains. Malzeno stood a few feet away from Artoria, in his hands was his own set of dual blades.

"All right," Roman's voice echoed

"All right," Roman's voice echoed. "You guys can go all out here, but try not to kill each other."

"Right."

"It depends," Artoria spoke. "For some reason, Excalibur is shaking with excitement. I hope you can prove a worthy adversary."

"Haha! I guess one thing I won't understand is woman. Now, let's enjoy this fight."

With a potent [Mana burst], Artoria sped across the battlefield. Malzeno stood in place, before bringing up his weapons to block Artoria's swing. His legs remained steady under the pressure, but the same couldn't be said for his dual blades as they shattered immediately.

Malzeno spun around conjuring more dual blades. Artoria's sword clashed with the new set of dual blades in a ruthless rhythm of metal. Her attacks were parried, but the same could be said for Malzeno. The two of them were testing the waters, learning how the other fights.

Yet, Artoria was reminded of something from the Singularity. It was how Malzeno fought with two married pairs of blades. It was reminiscent of the Archer who acted as her "guardian."

Could Malzeno be affected by Archer's thoughts? It was unlikely, but their fighting style were almost identical.

Malzeno jumped back, and ran into the forest that was inside the stimulator. Artoria was baffled by this and slightly irked.

"Coward!"

Artoria rushed with a mad dash after Malzeno into the forest, but as she went a bit inside, a swishing and cutting sound reverberated like beating drums. Due to Artoria's instincts, she was able to perceive the incoming dual blades.

With a leap, Artoria twirled in the air with the grace of a ballet. However, the spinning dual blades came around for another slice, cutting down the trees as they did so.

"Tch," Artoria clicked her teeth as she decided to raise her blackened sword, collecting a multitude of black and red energy before bringing it down in the area.

The trees were blown away by the devastating blast, causing the ground to quake and the air to bellow. Dust and debris flew everywhere as a result.

Artoria gripped Excalibur with one hand, her pale eyes reflecting a brilliant shine amid the dust. Her eyes locked with a pair of red orbs, before something sliced through the air.

Artoria eyes widened and her instincts kicked in yet again, gripping her sword with both hands this time, she managed to block an incoming spear-like arrow. Her armored boots dug into the ground, and teeth began to grit under the force of the attack.

"ENOUGH!" Artoria's howl of defiance cleared the dust immediately.

"You're strong, little dragon."

"Mere words won't bother me!" Artoria called out.

Feeling a rustle behind her, Artoria reacted with a spin, her sword slashing the air, only to miss her target as Malzeno bent his body back.

Raising his leg, Malzeno kicked the ground to fly back, but Artoria was on his tail as she kept pace. The battle entered a phase of tumultuous speed, with Artoria keeping pace with Malzeno, but that was short lived as he spun on his heel and roundhouse kicking Artoria in the chin.

The attack rattled Artoria's mind for a moment before a quick shake allowed her to escape her slight discomfort and vertigo. A scowl ended up stretching onto her face as she was beginning to find Malzeno annoying.

Malzeno stood unfazed by Artoria's sharp glare. His body remained still, but his silver hair bristled as the winds picked up. This fight was enjoyable, but it was far from over, evidently by Artoria's battle-ready stance.

Resting in Malzeno's hands was the pair of dual blades, which seemed to be Malzeno's weapon of choice.

The battle continued with both fighters moving forward at breakneck speeds. Excalibur clashed with the married dual blades in a masterful display of skill and perseverance. Malzeno attempted to strike in different angles, but all were met with a resiliency that defied his expectations.

Artoria was surprised by Malzeno's performance, expecting him to be hindered by the body he's using as a host. Not only that, his fighting style was augmented by Archer's, allowing for a unique set of attacks.

However, Artoria wouldn't let Malzeno have the satisfaction of winning, her brutish style of fighting was carried amongst her strikes, brutal, yet elegant swings. Malzeno's defense was shattered as Artoria landed her first successful attack, a horizontal slash that ripped through his compression shirt, leaving a partial amount of his upper body exposed.

However, Malzeno didn't let that stop him as his left blade sliced the air with clean precision, cutting off a piece Artoria's armor. The duo continued their attacks, both of them disregarding the benefit of dodging attacks.

Mad grins formed on both Malzeno and Artoria's faces as he jumped away from each other.

"I was...hasty in my statement about you, Malzeno. You're indeed a capable adversary."

"Oh? I appreciate the praise."

Malzeno led the charge this time, his agility leaving the onlookers, including Artoria, shocked. A heavy gust of wind slammed against her, but she remained stalwart, however the feeling of someone behind her caused the hair on her neck to bristle.

"Underestimating me was not a good idea, King Of Knights. Tell me, were you able to keep up with my speed?"

Standing with his back against Artoria's back, the fighters stood facing opposite directions.

"I won't yield, we shall finish this match!"

Their next actions became a blur.
__________________________________

AN: Starting from now, updates will be every Friday. Depending on my mood, some chapters will be longer. Hope you all enjoyed the first half of this fight.