No Servant Left Behind

[AN: Thanks for all the support on the story so far. I have a question for you. Do you guys want Septem to be written? Or would you like for me to skip to Okeanos instead? I know I said I would start Septem but I wanted to do another light chapter with characters interacting with each other.]

.

.

.

"So this guy is a real Dragon? And he comes from a different world?"

"That's what they say."

Sitting in the lounging area for servants, Cu Chulainn and Artoria spoke about Malzeno, the Demi-Gods curiosity about the Ruler was written all over his face.

"It is true, I come from a different world. If your history is anything to go by, I believe you'd enjoy yourself fighting against the monsters there."

"Oh? Well, you got my interest hooked, which monster would give me a good fight?"

"A lot, but one I believe you'd enjoy fighting is Velkhana, an Elder Dragon like myself and Glavenus for the King here."

"Glavenus?"

"Ah, yes, I should explain these two. Glavenus has a tail that is shaped like a fine sword. There's a version of it that was said to cut a mountain with a tail sweep."

"I would like to see this beast myself," Artoria muttered, although there was a challenging glint in her eyes.

"As for Velkhana, they use their tail like spears. As for me, I use my wings like swords, and my tail like a spear as well."

"Haha! As much I would like to fight ya, I doubt the young lass would want me to, you seem to be her favorite thus far."

"Yes, Ritsuka does favor me quite a bit. She's just worried that I would get injured since I and the King here fought not too long ago."

"I see. And from the looks of it, it seemed to stop at a standstill?"

Malzeno nodded. "Yes, the stimulator is undergoing management to withstand our Noble Phantasms."

"Once that's done, how about we fight? You're good with a spear too, right?"

Malzeno saw the challenging glint in Cu's ruby-like eyes. A grin slowly made its way onto Malzeno's face.

"I'd say I'm adequate enough."

"Sit down you two," Artoria was the first to notice both Cu and Malzeno standing, causing them to chuckle nervously.

""Sorry"" Malzeno and Cu said simultaneously.

"I think we'll get along, Ruler."

"Likewise, Lancer."

.

.

.

Walking down the monotone white halls of Chaldea, Malzeno searched for his current person of interest. As he walked for another minute, he reached the kitchen area, finding Mash to be inside.

"There you are, Young Knight! It looks to me you tried to avoid my presence."

Mash seemed to glitch as she turned around, in her hands were a pack of cookies and a glass of milk.

"Oh...Good Afternoon, Malzeno."

"Heh, everyone has their quirks," Malzeno said as his crimson eyes glossed over Mash's hands.

"Would you like some? I don't think you tried cookies yet."

"I haven't, are they good?"

"Hmmm, if I had to compare them, they would be the equivalent of eating ore?"

"Oh? You have my complete attention!"

Sitting down on the table, Malzeno was handed a bag of cookies and a glass of milk. As he inspected the contents before him, he could smell the sweetness coming off the cookies. That was mostly due to his keen sense of smell.

Carefully taking a cookie, Malzeno looked at Mash, who smiled.

"Dip it in the milk and you'll see how it tastes different."

Nodding, Malzeno continued to do as instructed, after eating the dipped cookie whole, Malzeno chewed slowly, letting the sweet, delicious cookie attack his tastebuds. His eyes seemed to cloud and his mouth stopped chewing.

"Umm, Malzeno?"

"..."

"Malzeno?"

"THESE ARE DELICIOUS!" (AN: I'll leave which cookies it was up to your imagination.)

Malzeno voice echoed throughout the kitchen area, his eyes looked at Mash, a silent plea to have more, to which Mash nodded.

"I also have something else to tell you," Malzeno said after eating another cookie.

"What is it you wish to speak about?"

"How would you like to train with me? I can tell you're feeling a bit left behind, and I don't want you to feel you're unwelcome. I'm merely a guest."

Mash remained silent as she took in Malzeno's suggestion. It was something she wasn't expecting to hear, but it made her...happy? Why did she feel like that? It was a weird, foreign feeling. She couldn't explain it.

"I..."

"Don't rush your words, Young Knight. Everyone has a pace they should follow. If you're envious on how fast others progress, then you've already failed."

Malzeno continued to eat his cookies in silence as he let the words spoken to Mash settle in. It was not his place to rush her response, that was the key to understanding patience.

.

.

.

Jalter tapped her fingers as she walked down the corridors of her new "home." This was once her enemies base, but now her new base of operations. It was a sick twist of irony, one she absolutely detested. But it was definitely better than France.

Despite being made by a madman, she was told that her own actions make up her person, not the name. It was for that reason she felt indebted to the Chaldeans. Sure, she was...a handful, but that came with summoning her.

"Thanks Malzeno, I think...I will join you on your training."

Jalter stopped moving as she heard those words. Taking a cautious breath, Jalter looked through the door to see Malzeno and Mash talking, with bits of laughter in the mix. It was something Jalter didn't expect to see.

A feeling crept it's way into her, and before she knew it. She was grumbling with dissatisfaction.

"Oh, there you go! Come join us!"

"Eh!" Jalter scrambled to fix herself, not wanting to be seen eavesdropping on the conversation. "Why would I join you? You're not doing anything productive."

"No need to be...what was it called, a Tsundere?"

"..."

"I'm surprised you know what that meant, Malzeno," Mash said with surprise.

"I'M NOT A TSUNDERE!"

"You're acting like it right now?" Malzeno responded with a light smile, one that Jalter wanted to rip off!

"Tch, f-fine, I'll join you."

That's right, no servants left behind.
______________________________

AN: Hopefully you guys enjoyed the chapter. Got this one done pretty quick.

Once again, feel free to add me on FGO NA.

055,854,429