Side Story 1 - Cookies Galore

[AN: I will start doing Side Stories, which are only around 500 words, these will be uploaded every now and then. Whether these are canon or not, is up to you guys. Hope you enjoy!]

.

.

.

Malzeno carefully walked through the white halls of Chaldea, his ears on high alert in process. He was currently wearing a pair of shorts and sandals, as he found wearing his combat attire throughout the day tiresome.

Although you wouldn't figure it out, it was currently nighttime at Chaldea, with the everlasting blizzard setting a reminder of Malzeno's mission.

As he walked through the corridors, he halted his movements. In front of him was the kitchen area, his destination of his late night walk of silence. His silver hair draped over his head in a disheveled manner.

Walking inside the kitchen, Malzeno remained vigilant to keep his movements as silent as a slithering snake. Although he knew Chaldea was immensely large, that didn't stop him from wanting to interrupt any of the sleeping members.

Malzeno opened the refrigerator door and inside was a gallon of milk. Taking it with a soft grip, Malzeno grabbed a nearby cup and poured the milk inside.

Now, you may be wondering, what is Malzeno doing? Well, to sum it up was—

Crunch!

The sound of chewing ensued afterward. Sitting comfortably on a chair, Malzeno began to eat freshly made cookies. His relaxed face, and his glowing eyes showed how much he was enjoying his silent late night snack.

These were cookies Mash made, although he didn't ask her permission to eat these, he'll have to do it swiftly. He couldn't help himself, these were delicious.

"I hope you realize that I was still able to hear you walk."

Malzeno flinched as he heard the stoic voice behind him. As he cranes his head, Malzeno was met a pale of disappointing pale eyes.

"Oh, hello Artoria."

"Are the cookies good?" Artoria questioned with a scrutinizing glance.

"Of course! These are by far the greatest delicacy I had the pleasure of eating."

Artoria remained silent, her eyes casting a bright light as she peered into Malzeno's crimson irises. With a sigh, she sat down and took a cookie from Malzeno's hands.

"Oi!"

Artoria stared at Malzeno as she ate it in his face, causing him to deflate.

"That one had extra chocolate!"

"Unfortunate," Artoria responded blankly. "Now, I require more of these."

"I didn't make these, the young maiden did."

"Ah, the girl with the shield? I see, it seems I'll have to make her make more of these cookies."

Malzeno shook his head. "Don't pressure the girl."

"I wasn't."

"You were going to."

"No."

"Yes."

"...."

"...."

"Are there more?"

"Of course. I was thinking of blaming the good doctor for this anyway," Malzeno nodded as he went to grab more cookies.

"Yes, that would be wise."
_________________________________