Leisure Time

[Not Proofread]

.

.

.

Returning to Chaldea, the group decided to take a much needed break as the rayshifting coffins needed a break. It was probably a good thing as Ritsuka went straight to sleep upon return.

Malzeno and Mash diligently stayed awake to give a briefing with Roman and Da Vinci. Although they knew what happened, it was best to write down everything. Ritsuka was exhausted, and Mash despite her best efforts, Mash soon went to sleep as well.

Malzeno decided to take this time to get to know the staff better, as his appearance was quite unexpected, given the fact he comes from an unknown world.

"Did you really meet with the will of the planet?"

"Gaia, yes. Funny lady," Malzeno was currently in the kitchen area, drinking a cup of tea to sooth his nerves. "I believe she'll be in contact with me every so often. I am merely a guest in her world."

Roman still couldn't wrap his head around what Malzeno was saying. Roman was aware of the Counter Force, and to an extent, Gaia and Alaya. Yes, he knew better than anyone.

"Fou!"

"Hmm? I don't think Gaia would approve of me staying here past my needed time, but I did promise her that if the planet was in danger, I would fight."

"Fou! Kyu."

"Yes, you're right, I'll contact her when I can."

"Y-you can understand Fou?"

"Of course," Malzeno answered, his crimson eyes looked at Fou, who was perched on his shoulders. "He's chill."

"C-chill?"

"Did I use that wrong?"

"Fou!"

"Right, Roman is a bit of an airhead," Malzeno chuckled as he spoke to Fou.

"I'm right here!" Roman said with exasperation, his teal-like eyes having a shine of indignation.

"You should get some sleep, Doc. If the Doctor isn't well, how can he take care of his patients?"

Roman sighed. "I guess you're right about that. Have yourself a goodnight, Malzeno. Thanks for your help in the singularity."

.

.

.

The next day came by quickly, and Chaldea was filled with life again as the remaining staff got to work. Roman was the first to wake up, followed by Da Vinci and then Malzeno.

In the main room, Roman sat in front of a bunch of monitors as he scanned each one with sharp focus. The talk with Malzeno yesterday about Gaia fresh in his mind. It seemed impossible, but a lot of impossibles been possible recently.

Malzeno, who was holding a bowl filled with iron nails, looked around the room with a keen eyes. His crimson eyes lit up as he learned about "technology." It seemed the human mind keeps on expanding, so much so that it scared him a little.

Malzeno was wearing a different outfit, consisting of a sleeveless black compression shirt, black slacks with red trimming and steel toed high-top red boots with the edges being black. His silver hair was loose, giving him a relaxed appearance.

"Ah, Good Morning, Malzeno, how're you doing?"

Malzeno turned his gaze to Mash, who was decked out in casual clothing. He only smiled at the young girl a he patted her head all of a sudden.