Author's note: Story status, mental health and new announcement

Hi guys. This is Hailey. 

I know it's been a very long time. To be honest, I thought that I'd never be back to Wattpad again but after seeing some of the comments where people were concerned about my health and the story, I wanted to give an update. 

As some of you know, I've been struggling with my mental health for a long time. But these past few months it got worse and I was almost impaired physically because of it. 

Mental illness is a real struggle. It is not easy to accept nor easy to overcome. Every day is a mental battle with your consciousness and sometimes it takes a huge effort to get out of your bed and take a bath. I couldn't smile, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and definitely did not feel joy in reading or writing anymore. 

I just couldn't take the pain anymore and finally decided to get some help. I was diagnosed with clinical depression and OCD. I now take medication for my OCD and depression. I also started therapy and investing time to do the things I love even if I don't want to do it. 

I'm not completely fine yet but I am slowly getting better. Mental illness is an ongoing battle for the rest of your life and I hope you guys understand that some people really struggle with this. There is a common misconception that people use the "mental illness card" as an excuse or an attention seeking tool. But I hope that you ignore those misconceptions and show compassion and empathy. It's a medical condition and I hope everyone treats it with the same seriousness. 

Now for the story update (Sorry if this is short)

I honestly don't know if I want to continue this story and I am genuinely sorry for that. As a fellow reader, I know how it feels to not know the ending to a story but I just don't know if I have the will to write anymore. I just need time to process my life right now and I hope people are understanding of that. 

Finally, 

Life is hard sometimes and I have mixed feelings about this whole update. But I just wanted to share my struggles because mental illness can be a lonely battle sometimes and if any of you are going through something similar, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. There are people who understand and are ready to help. Your pain and hurt is understandable but not permanent. Let's take small steps and not give up on life. 

Thank you.