Chapter 2: Two bodies at night

Kierra laid on her bed, void of any feelings. 

Just a few hours ago, she found out that her husband is having an affair with her sister.

After bawling her eyes out , she was finally calm.

When she thought about it, she couldn't think of anything else other than the question 'Why ?'.

["Was I not enough for him ? Did my love not reach him ? Did I do something wrong ?"], such questions poisoned her mind.  

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door.

"Are you awake, your grace ?", asked Sara.

Kierra sat up in a panic and hurriedly wiped her eyes. She didn't want Sara to find out that she was crying, in fact she didn't want anyone to find out.

"Come in", she said after cleaning up her face.

"Oh my! Did you not sleep well, your grace ? You eyes are swollen !", she said looking worried.

"Hmm..... "

"It's time to get ready, your grace !"

" Hmm ?", Kierra was puzzled since it was late evening and she was sure that she didn't have anything planned.

"Did you forget ? It is the day when master visits your chamber tonight !", said Sara.

"Ah~", Kierra was so out of it that she forgot that today was the fifth day of the week.

Jonathan and Kierra had separate rooms, that was how it was since the day they got married. However, on the fifth day of every week, Jonathan would visit Kierra's chambers to spend the night. Though it was common for a husband and a wife to have their own room, it was certainly rare for a young couple who just got married.

The ignorant Kierra didn't question why they had separate rooms and innocently used to look forward to the day  when he visited her chambers. Maybe today she realized the reason for such an arrangement.

"Now, lets make you beautiful for tonight ", said Sara as she  guided Kierra to the bathroom.

A part of her didn't want to share a bed with him but another part of her still hung onto a hopeless desire to see him.

Kierra was made to bathe in essential oils and her whole body was massaged with floral essence. 

"Why do you look so down, your grace ? Did something happen ?",  Sara asked while she was dressing her. 

"Nothing's wrong, I'm just tired",  said Kiara to reassure her. Sara had always been a bright child and she was incredibly sharp. So Kiara didn't want Sara to know that her world was crumbling apart right now.

Kierra was dressed in a see-through silk night robe that clung to her body like a second skin. It was tight and hugged every curve on her body. No matter how many times she wore robes like this, she couldn't get over her embarrassment of wearing something so seductive.

Sara excused herself and left the room and Kierra was alone again.

"What should I do ? How should I face him ? What should I say ?",  she thought.

But she knew that she should not let him find out that she knew. Part of the reason was that she was not ready to confront him but there was also the reason of him possibly hating her if he knew that she knew.

While she was being nervous, a knock was heard from the door.

"Kierra....", he said as he entered the room.

Kierra's heart was beating loudly and her whole body tensed up.

"You look beautiful as usual", he said with a smile and caressed her face.

["His smile is different"], she thought as the memory of him smiling towards Sierra flashed through her mind.

He hugged her and kissed her neck. His hands slowly travelled along the lines of her warm body.

"Hmm", flinched Kierra as she felt his touch. Jonathan was like an impatient child that wanted to taste his favorite treat. He didn't seem to care about what Kiara was feeling. He was only focused on her body and Kiara knew that, yet she didn't resist. She didn't want to resist.

He slowly undid her robe revealing her glossy body and started sucking on her pale neck.

"Ah~", she moaned. 

Gentle red marks were being left on her neck and Kierra could feel his wet kisses moving down her towards her chest. He took off his shirt off and pushed her down to the bed. 

"You smell good", he leaned in and whispered in her ear. 

Kierra felt embarrassed but she was also aroused. His warmth and his voice made her feel hot and she could feel her body becoming restless desiring more of him. He rubbed her down there with his hand and started kissing her breasts.

Kierra's moans became louder as he started doing it vigorously. She could feel the pleasure course through her body and she wanted more. 

Kierra's body kept melting under his caresses, her body didn't feel as her own and she could only feel the pleasure with no logic.

Her naked body laid on the bed while Jonathan climbed on top of her. His eyes looked as if he was starving like a hungry beast with his beautiful prey beneath him. 

"Kierra.......", he whispered in her ear.

"I love you", he said. Kierra would usually swoon at this point but for the first time she realized that there was no love in his gaze, only lust.

She felt a sharp pain in my chest as if a thorn was pricking her but under the immense pleasure she was feeling, she chose to ignore that prickling pain for one night.

When Kiara woke up in the morning, Jonathan wasn't next to her and seemed to have already left. He always used to wait till she woke up but lately he doesn't do that anymore.

*knock* *knock* "May I come in, your grace?", asked Sara outside the door.

"Come in", she said.

Kierra was covered in bite marks and hickeys but she was no longer embarrassed by Sara seeing her like that and Sara also ignored it every single time. After all, it was an unspoken rule that the maids should be blind to whatever happens in the bedroom.

"You need to get ready early today, milady", said Sara as she arranged the sheets and helped Kierra get dressed in a bathrobe.

"What do you mean ?", she asked Sara.  Kierra would usually rest the next day after Jonathan's visit and wouldn't receive any visitors so she was confused that needed to get ready.

"Lady Sierra is visiting you today", said Sara brightly.

As soon as Kierra heard that, her heart fell to the floor. 

End of chapter 2.

Thank you for reading chapter 2 of "I was a virtuous wife".

Do vote for each chapter and comment down below your opinions and thoughts since they are my source of encouragement to continue writing these stories. 

Why do you think Kiara couldn't resist even after knowing about Jonathan's affair ? What do you think will happen in the next chapter when Kiara sees Sierra ? Comment to let me know !

You can also read my other book : "The heroine wants to be a villain", "The lady butler and her handsome master" and "Behind the starlight".

See you guys next time !