CHAPTER 5: MY OFFICE (ARIA'S POV)

ARIA'S POV

It's morning, finally, today will be the day when my brother will propose to my best friend. I'm so excited. Its giving me goosebumps by even thinking about it. Damn, MY BEST FRIEND AND MY BROTHER!!!!! I can't explain the level of my excitement. I quickly need to go and take a shower and start the plan right now.

I went to my closet and started searching for the best clothes appropriate for today. I have an important meeting to attend to and also the proposal, I wont have time to change I need to directly go to the cinema hall after the meeting ends. I can't wear casual clothes. I was in my wardrobe for like 20 mins, and I was feeling so frustrated. I called my mom to help me choose one.

The moment she entered inside, I quickly turned around and saw my mom in white Anarkali suit.

"wow mumma, you look so beautiful, gorgeous, nazar naa lag jayea aapko yr, itni sundar lag rahi ho" I said

(I wish that no ones malevolent sight is cast upon you, you look so pretty)

"chup kar jaa, kaam ki baat kar, kya chhahiyea tujhe?" she said while smiling.

(shut up, tell me what do you want now?)

I rolled my eyes. Why can't she believe even for a second that maybe I'm being honest with her. She is looking pretty!!! But never mind

"mumma mere paas kapde hi nahi hai" I finally said this with a sad face

(mom, I dont have clothes)

She can't say no to such a cute and sad face, right?

"hatt yaha se, main dekhti hoon, itne kapde bhar rakhe hai, yeh 4 almirah jisme sirf tere kapde hai, yeh kam hai kya?" she said

(get aside, let me see, you have so many clothes, are these 4 cupboards which is filled only with your clothes, is this less for you?)

I know she's right, but still I have no clothes.

"listen to me, see that 1st cupboard, its filled with winter clothes. The 2nd cupboard includes OUT OF FASHION clothes, 3rd cupboard includes my footwear and 4th includes those clothes which I have already wore 2-3 times". I said with a sad face again.

"are you some girl who is born into a royal family, huh?! You just know how to waste money, nothing else. So what if you wore 2-3 times? Can't you wear it again? Also the fact that a girl will never have enough clothes if she doesn't know how to arrange these clothes with other pairs." Mom said with the DESI GLARE while looking at me.

It sends shivers down my spine. Damn, where have I gotten myself into?! Calling mom for help was the worst idea ever!!

"okay mam, can you help me to find an outfit for today, I have a meeting and also I have to go for a movie today with bhai and Elena and Kritika. Please help me out" I replied with joining both of my hands and keeping my head down.

One thing I'm 100% sure about is that my mom has better fashion sense than me. She knows about what's trending and what's not. She knows the type of clothes which will suit the best for each generation. She always keeps herself updated.

While I was thinking about these things my mom took out a pair of crop jacket and skirt of grey colour with black colour v shape tank top and handed over this to me.