Chapter Eleven-Bash

The afternoon was perfect. I took Evan shopping for any and everything he needed. Shirts, pants, shorts, socks, suits and all the toiletries he could possibly desire. If he looked at it, even for a second I got it. He wasn't very forthcoming with the things he wanted so I had no choice but to take drastic matters. At the end of it all, I knew exactly how Mr. Krabbs felt when he was dating Mrs. Puff. Evan is definitely my Puff, and I want to spoil him.

After shopping, we had a very nice seafood dinner on a very romantic side of town, down by the coast. The atmosphere was amazing and Evan seemed to finally be able to relax considering everything that is going on. I didn't tell him what we found out today. I want the situation taken care of before hand. Stoff also managed to find out that the day of the fire, Roberts filed the paperwork to claim the insurance money on Evan's house. With the report from the paid of detective, it looks like a check is in the process of being cut for him.

Stoff has spent all afternoon trying to stop the payment, but given that it seems all of these people are in each others pockets, it was to no avail. It's not about the money. Even if that snake does get the money and cash the check Evan will always be taken care of. If I have to cut him a check myself and pose it as an insurance check I will. Anything to keep from discouraging him. I won't let anyone further steal the light from him.

After getting back to the house and helping Evan get all of his belongings put away, I told him I had some important work to do. Currently I'm sitting outside of one of my many warehouses which is commonly used when I need to get rid of vermin. And sitting inside chained to a chair sits the biggest fucking rat I have ever seen. One Mr. Roberts was accidently caught in a mouse trap after receiving about $125,000 worth of cheese from a certain insurance policy. Rats should really watch where they are going, or they might end up tied up in the trunk of a crazy lunatic name Steven, who just loves capturing people.

Sliding on a pair of gloves, I casually stroll into the warehouse where our rat suddenly turned into a little piggy; all I can here is him squealing.

"You will never get away with this. Do you even know who I am? I own the police force, I'll have killed first thing Monday morning."

"That's adorable, you think you're going to live until Monday?" The moments before a kill is truly my favorite. They know it's coming but they don't know how. I know it's coming but any wrong move can change the outcome. It's exciting.

"M-M-Mr. Bash, is that you?" Coming around the corner he eyes turn to saucers when he finally sees me.

"So you do know me don't you." I give him a small smirk and the color drains from his face.

"W-w-w-what are you doing here? I mean, what am I doing here?" I slide my hands into my pocket and just look at him.

"You have no clue why I would bring you here? Think long and hard." He looks at me then he eyes dart around the room staring at myself and my men. He's clearly not thinking hard enough.

"May it's because you, sir, have wronged my wife." I say as I glare at the piggy. He looks around again and it still doesn't come to him.

"I didn't even know you were married. Who is your wife?" I feel my jaw tick as I continue to glare at him, my head tilting slightly as I try to contain my anger. When you react in anger you tend to get sloppy, and Bash Covington is never sloppy.

"Are you familiar with Evan Shane McIntosh?" He looks at me and a tiny realization flashes in his eyes which he quickly covers. I saw it though, and what happens from here on out depends on his next words.

"Of course, I know Evan. The bank has been trying to buy his house for a while." Strike one.

"YOU have been trying to get his house, isn't that right?" He gasps as if he is surprised. This bitch is working my last nerves.