Chapter Fourteen- Evan

I wake up alone; there is a thick feeling of tension in the air. Something is happening. I look around to see if I can hear any distinction that Bash is close by; he wasn't It doesn't seem like he has been in bed for awhile either. I quickly get out of bed and do my morning routine. Shower, brush teeth and brush out these mess of curls on my head. I dress and throw my feet into my house slippers before walking to the bedroom door, not sure what awaits me on the outside.

I slowly pull open the door and take a peek outside of the door. Nothing. I hear people, a lot of people but I don't see anyone. I make my way into the vast hallway filled with expensive vases, picture frames of original art and beautiful decorative rugs. My heart starts racing but I'm not sure why. I make my way down the hallway to the stairs when Steven comes out of one of the bedrooms, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist and a huge smile.

"What's shaking short stuff?" I groan and roll my eyes.

"Where is everyone." He pulls a toothbrush out of nowhere and shoves it into his mouth.

"Probably downstairs in the meeting room, things are getting kind of crazy around here, so be prepared." I look at him confused.

"What do you mean?" He starts walking toward the stairs that lead to the first floor and I follow closely behind me. "Steven what's happening?"

He doesn't respond but stops at the top of the stairs, looking over the balcony. I follow his eyesight to the chaos below us. Men in black suits were everywhere. Some were still coming into the house, others were walking between the dining room and further into the house. There had to be at least thirty men surrounding the entire bottom floor. Yeah, something is definitely going on, and suddenly I needed to be with Bash.

I rush to find Bash but I'm suddenly pulled backwards by fucking Steven. I try to pull away but he doesn't let me.

"Easy there small fry, you need to stay back. There's a lot going on and we wouldn't need you getting trampled." I huff.

"I can take care of myself, besides I'm not that small." He rolls eyes and bending down to my level.

"If anything happens to you Bash will have my head on a stick, and to be honest I rather like my head where it stays. You need to just go back to the room, Bash will find you when he gets things under control." Who is this Steven?

I look around to see if there is any sign of Bash. I have the weirdest feeling of anxiety coursing through me and I need to get to him; I just need to know he's ok. I think I see him heading into the kitchen, and I dash down the stairs to him. I just want to know he's good and then I can go to work and let him settle whatever is going on.

I round the corner to the dining room, and he's nowhere. I know I'm not going crazy. I see Ms. B placing snacks at the side kitchen buffet, she turns and gives me a tight smile. I walk over to her and she wraps me in a warm hug.

"Do you know what happened?" I look up at her.

"There was an incident at one of Mr. Covington's businesses, I think it best if he explains dear. Are you hungry?" I shake my head.

"Do you know where he is?" She points to a door out of the dining room.

"He's in the office, I think most everyone is out of there, just go on in." She kisses my cheek and sends me on my way.

I walk across the room and carefully open the door. It's a huge office with a wooden desk and two chairs sitting across from it. A long couch rests against the wall, a royal blue L shape couch with dark brown throw pillows.

Bash stood there in all his sexy glory, his back to me as he is talking on the phone. Today he is wearing a white shirt with a deep red vest and matching dress pants. His typically neat hair is disheveled, possibly from continuously running his hand through. My poor man was stressed.