Chapter Thirteen-Evan

"So the cameras are there, there, there, two over there, four in the back, three at the front door, three upstairs and two that covers the parking lot." Stephan explains as he points out the placement of my new camera system he has installed. Bash insisted that I have them, and I find them unnecessary.

"If someone tried to come in here to hurt me, there is nothing any of these cameras can do to protect me. It's purely pointless in doing all of this." And it really was, am I really supposed to threaten an assassin who has a gun with my security cameras?

"That's why two of them at the front door also has a death laser?" Stephan says under his breath.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"What?" He looks at me innocently. "I didn't say anything." He stares at me impishly, then walks away without another word.

The front doors to the library opens and in walks Bash, looking as good as ever. His tie was loosened around his neck, no doubt he has been pulling on it subconsciously. His suit jacket slung over his arm and his hair was a little messy, probably from angrily running his fingers through it. A habit of his I've noticed. He walks over to me as he talks on the phone, I can feel the agitation rolling off of him. He finishes his call and looks around.

"Stephan report." He demands as Stephan comes from the back office.

"Cameras are all in place and are up and running. There is a direct feed going into your cell, your home office and the office at work. Front and back door have motion detectors while inside has continuous feed. If anything is out of place we will know."

"What about the other thing we talk about?"

"Installed at the front and backdoors."

"He did not install lasers in my library." I huff and push his arm, they have got to stop joking about that. They both stare at me incredulously, as if I'm the crazy one here. Stephan pats my shoulder.

"If that helps you sleep at night. I'm going to head back to the house and make sure everything is running smoothly on that end."

"Thanks Stephan, I'll catch up with you when I get back." Stephan gives a small salute before heading for the door.

Bash turns to me and gently caresses my cheek and I can't help but to lean into his touch. It's been such a long day and I just want to crawl into bed and forget this day ever happened.

"I can't apologize to you enough for all of this. If I had known that Daniel would have been at the yacht party then I would have never taken you there. I put you at risk and I am so sorry for that."

I let his words sink him. Do I blame him for basically putting a target on my head, yes one hundred percent yes. If I had never gotten involved with him then none of this would be happening right now. I sigh softly.

"You're right all of this is your fault. None of these people would know anything about me had it not been for you." His face drops and I can see his heart shattering. I put my hand over his.

"I also know, that you would never put me in a situation that you couldn't protect from. I am a little worried, but I also know that you won't let anything happen to me. I put full trust in you to protect me, alright?"

He gives me his million dollar smile, the only he only saves for me. I stand on my toes and give him a quick kiss to his lips.

"Take me home, I'm hungry." He laughs and takes my hand.

"Whatever my wifey wants." I roll my eyes and smack his arm.

"Stop calling me that."

"Never."