Chapter 19

Season 1 Episode 19

Aya POV

"It's not as well created as the ones in the city, but it provides entertainment for thousands of people." As I was speaking, I saw Darius was glancing across at the frozen ice that the folks were skating on with a doubtful expression. It was a frozen lake where a guy would evaluate the ice thickness every day before anyone could skate on it.

"There's no way I'm doing that suicide stuff. I'll sit here and watch, and you can even put on a little show for me. I'll be rooting for you."

"Don't be such a wuss, Darius." I mocked.

"I'll have you know, I've done some fairly bold stuff that you can't even imagine about," she sneered.

"And that would be."

"I enjoy killing people." Her voice was icy and distant.

"Well, you might have gone to hell and killed the devil himself; that's a lot of reason to go ice skating with me."

"I'm not going on that ice, and that's the end of it."

"Are you serious?" I smirked and looked at her.

"I don't like that expression."

"What look." My grin grew as I took my pair of skate boots; because it wasn't an establishment, everyone had to carry their own skating shoes. Which we had to get at the store.

I sat down on the seat and began removing my winter boots.

"What do you intend to do, Aya?" Her voice was harsh and demanding. I could feel her stare even with my head down.

"Nothing." I kept taunting her.

"Butterfly, please tell me what you're thinking."

"Nothing, my little fire moth."

"Whatever. Her nose flared, "If you tell me what your thinking, I'll buy you extra chocolate at the shop."

"How about with gummies?" With a raised brow, I inquired. Her jaw was clinched as she snorted. "With gummies, of course."

"How many men do you see on the ice?" I inquired.

"What?" In amazement, she inquired. "How many, men?" She turned to face the icy platform. It was jam-packed with at least a hundred skaters, and it may have been more.

"I'd say around sixty." Her eyes narrowed, peering at me. My grin broadens. "Do they skate by themselves?"

"Some of them, why?"

"Well, since my date is too terrified to go out on the ice, I'll simply couple with one of them."

Her eyes expand. I rise up, ready to depart, but she grabs my wrist and pulls me back down.

"You're going to pay for this later." She hissed as she sat down next me on the bench and started putting on her skates.

"Are you certain you want to come?"

"Oh, I'm sure, no men or women will touch what's mine." The possessiveness was obvious in her tone as she pointed.

She slowly began to get up, her legs wobbling as she clung desperately to anything. I instantly stand, extending my shoulders to her.

"This is insane." She groaned. "You're a brave little creature." I squealed.

"Don't treat me like a child. If something goes wrong, it's your responsibility, and I'll sue you."