Chapter 7

Season 1 Episode 7

Aya POV

Just seeing Darius in my room put me in a frightened state. She wasn't meant to be here, and I wasn't supposed to see her until after the new year, when I would plead for my job at her feet.

"You can't remain here much longer." I grumbled, walking around the room, my chest tightening as I spoke. The walls felt like they were crumbling around me. It would be over for me if she revealed how much I quit my job.

My fingers stuck to her shirt as I crashed into her. I hauled her to me. "You must go. I also don't want you in my bed." I made care to include.

"So, pack your luggage and let's leave." She clenched her teeth and pointed to the luggage. I looked at the luggage I had yet to unpack.

"I can't do that Darius. I just—"

"I'm not sure who told you that you can just quit on me at this point. So fucking unprofessional."

"Whatever. How did you find me?" This appeared perplexing to me. I was only a day and a few of hours away from Texas. Texas is to the south, and I was to the north. Finding me at this point would be a fucking mission impossible.

"I looked everywhere until I found everything about you." Purchase an airline ticket. "Buy a car, and the next thing you know, I'm standing in what appears to be your room." She explained as she picked up a doll and poked its stomach.

I couldn't understand why she would go out of her way to get me back to work. It was simply so odd of her. Darius appeared to be the type of lady who does not chase individuals from one state to the next. So why me?

"I swear that when I return, I'll work double shifts for the whole month of January. Please allow me to stay." I begged like a child who wants to spend more time at the park.

"If you don't come back with me, I'm staying."

I sneered, yanking the toy from her grasp and smashing it onto the bed. "You despise Christmas and don't want to be here."

"I despise Christmas, but I don't despise you, butterfly, so strap up and scoot over because I'm staying."

Butterfly? That was a strange name. Why had she suddenly become unprofessional?

"Wait? So does it indicate I'm still employed?"

"Oh no. Remember, you quit."

"Uh?" I grunted in perplexity.

"You're out of work till you come back with me."

"Are you saying when I return to Texas with you? I'm employed. But, for the time being, I am still employed." With suspicion, I inquired.

"Precisely."

I couldn't help but force myself into her arms. Her body tensely pressed into me. I looked up at her, and her steely eyes gleamed with something I couldn't put my finger on. "Why are you doing this for me?"

"I get to taunt you all Christmas. I mean, you've created quite the ant nest for yourself. One is that your family is unaware you are unemployed, and the other is that you and I are in a relationship."

I pushed her away, recognizing her motives weren't legitimate and that I should've recognized it from a mile away, like a bird watcher.

"You intend to blackmail..." I muttered in realization.

"Exactly." Her lips brushed across my ears. "I also get to take a break from work."

"A break huh?" Realizing that she will not be in office. So all I had to do over the following several days was phone a few coworkers and tell them they could keep their office party.