Chapter 20

Season 1 Episode 20

Aya POV

"Where have you guys been all day?" Athen inquired as soon as we walked in.

"I was taking her on a tour of the town. We went ice skating, and she—" she slapped her hand over my lips, and I stiffly laughed.

"What?" Suspense had plainly begun to eat away at Athen. I rolled my eyes as I attempted to move her arms. "We went ice skating, and it was a lot of fun." Darius said.

"Wait, really?" Abida inquired. "Aya, she certainly appears to have more to say than that."

I decided to keep the awkward situation for another time as she removed her hand from my lips.

"Where mom and dad?"

"They're still out, finishing off their Christmas shopping."

"Cool."

"I'm going to take a bath." Darius stated this as she kissed my cheeks and rushed up the stairs.

I joined them in sitting at the counter. They appeared to be making another batch of cookies.

"Whose those are for?" We had already consumed far too many cookies.

"Some of these are for folks we know in town, and some are for mom's church members." Athen responded.

"We'd best not go to church; I can't handle getting all the embraces from aunties and uncles who haven't seen me in years."

"I wouldn't wish kisses and embraces from them on my worst enemy."

"So, instead of having mom cook, I was thinking we could all help out with supper."

"You know I can't cook, but I'll pitch in." Growing up, I avoided the kitchen like it was a plague; now I'm regretting it because I want to make a dinner for my mother. But all I'll be doing is chopping veggies and passing utensils to my sister.

"You don't cook for Darius."

"No."

"You've got to be kidding! And she's still with you."

I scowled at Athen.

"Sorry."

"I provide additional services for her."

"Like?" Athen inquired. She's such a nosy little thing. She is, without a doubt, the most nosy member of the family.

"I ironed her slacks." I remember a few Sundays ago when I had to go over to her house to iron a couple outfits.

It wasn't so difficult since, while I avoided cooking, I couldn't avoid housework.

"As her assistant, I have to fetch her coffee and most of her paperwork. Schedule her flights, appointments, and meetings, among other things.

"Didn't you forget about the bedroom service?"Abida grinned.

My cheeks turned crimson.

"Aww, our little sister is having sex."

"Don't phrase it like that," my eye widens. I expressed my desire to slither away from them.

"Have you finished your Christmas shopping?"

"I'm too busy." Abida said. We all have to do our own Christmas shopping; as for me, I've only bought gifts for my family so far, but not for Darius.

I knew her present wasn't commercial, but there were a few things I knew would be ideal.