•Eleven•

•It be yo own family•

Malcolm's POV*
I left out of the house quickly without letting Desire know where I went. I was thinking fast in the moment praying to God that my brother was okay and it wasn't as bad as the situation looked. I drove over seventy miles per hour to race to my mom's house. I know me and my brother haven't seen eye to eye lately but I still loved him and wasn't ready to lose him just yet! I guess I'm panicking this much because seeing him on the news could mean anything like suicide,or going to jail, at this point I have everything the worst resting in my mind so I pulled over to the nearest gas station. I start reciting scriptures about being worried and anxious.

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

I'm praying over my brother and I pray to God it's nothing too serious. I just came back from the Army no longer than six months ago and I was happy to see my brother. Despite our downfalls, we were always close plus he's getting married do you know how disappointing that would be for everyone!? Oh and not that this is too important but my brother is a manager at BM Enterprise, if he was to end up on the news for something stupid his career would go downhill.

I asked God to spare his life that way I can save him! I know all of this might be coming off as dramatic but...if I'm being completely realistic I sometimes regret leaving my past behind. Because my brother played a huge part in my past we were like best friends and when I found he was in rehab while I was gone...I think it hurt him worse to know I wasn't there than the overdose that almost killed him. Sometimes I blame myself because what if the overdose could've been because of me?

He would've died in that moment and I would've never known the true answer. We never got around to the topic of why he ended up in rehab but I was hoping to have it with him eventually... if God were to take him away before it happened I could understand and at the same time I pray the total opposite would happen. Praying that I could save my brother before the end of his time and I'm hoping that this wouldn't be the end for whatever is going on.

I made it over to my parents house because that's where Alicia said to meet her. I ran into the house and screamed, "MAMA!!"

"MAMA!"

Mama came out of the room then said, "Boy what in the world are you doing all of that hollering for!?"

She had her robe on and a bonnet, obviously she hadn't heard the news.

I asked, "Where's Alicia??"

She replied bluntly, "We just sent her home five minutes ago."

I asked, "So she told you what was going on?"

Mama replied, "Yeah! Malcolm why are you shaking like that!? What's wrong with you??"

"WHAT'S WRONG?!?" I exclaimed, "My brother is missing!"

Brandon came downstairs then said, "What's all the noise about?"

Mama chuckled, "This boy is paranoid because of Byron!"

Brandon smacked his lips, "Does that really give you a reason to holler up in my house?"

At this point, I'm confused because am I the only one who's worried about Byron or do they know something I don't?