•Twenty Eight•

•Face the Grudge•

Malcolm's POV:

After work, I drove over to Alicia's apartment. I still can't believe she
got pregnant by Byron out of all people. Even a Homeless person is better than getting pregnant by my brother. I'm not saying this out of jealousy or to talk bad about my brother. But Lord knows that man doesn't need a baby. His mentals aren't the best and he can't even take care of himself. But some people do change whenever a baby comes into the world. I wonder how he feels about all of this.

I arrived, and then she invited me in. She asked if I wanted anything to eat but I told her no. I looked at her stomach which appeared to be flat. I don't know how long she is in the pregnancy but I pray she's not faking this.

As soon as she reached the couch, she collapsed into it with a heavy sigh. Her eyes were swollen, and there were dark circles under them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She shrugged and said, "I'm tired and this baby keeps me up all night. He's probably going to be a night owl like his daddy."

I asked, "What did Byron say about all of this?"

She sighed, "He's happy about it!"

"Really??" I asked in shock.

She nodded her head yes. Then I asked again, "My brother, Byron, is happy to be a father!?"

She chuckled, "Why are you so surprised?"

I sighed and didn't want to rain on her parade. So I said, "Nothing, I'm happy for y'all!"

She smiled and asked, "You wanna feel him?"

I shook my head no and said, "That's alright! I wouldn't want to risk giving y'all any bacteria from my hands."

She smiled and I asked, "Are you sure this is something you want?"

She responded, "Of course, why wouldn't I?"

I shrugged, "I never imagined my brother would want kids."

Alicia chuckled, "He's just as happy as I am!"

I cleared my throat then Alicia said, "You look like you don't believe me!"

I asked, "Why would it matter? I'm just the uncle and...I'm only here to support and love him as my nephew. My opinion doesn't matter right?"

She just sat there in silence. Then I said, "You honestly don't look so comfortable with this decision Alicia."

"What!?" Alicia asked, "No I'm happy and this is something I want!"

I sighed then said, "I'm sorry Alicia! I have to ask and not that it's any of my business but, are you sure that Byron is the father?"

Alicia defensively said, "Of course he is! Why would you ask me that!? Your brother is the only one I've been with and I love him!"

I replied, "Look! My brother is going to ask if I didn't. So-"

"-So it ain't none of your business!" Alicia replied.

I said, "Alicia, I am just trying to do my best to understand everything. My brother hasn't been around in a while and now you're pregnant?"

"News flash!" Alicia replied, "You're brother has been away for a month now and I'm three months. You do the math!"

I replied, "Okay but, do you really want Byron to be your baby's father?"

Alicia replied, "Why wouldn't I?? Byron your brother is not a bad person and I can't believe you're talking like he isn't!"