•Forty•

•Bonus Chapter•

After the party had ended, Malcolm made his way to their room with Desire. He placed her feet in the foot spa and tenderly began to wash them. The warm water and gentle pressure of his fingers made Desire feel relaxed and cared for.
The act of washing her feet was a small but meaningful gesture that showed Desire how much Malcolm valued her and their relationship.

Malcolm smiled, "I adore you, you know that? You're such an amazing wife."

Desire laughed, "Thank you, baby! You are such a wonderful husband and I try my best. But you know what I want? Pets. Let's start investing in some animals."

Malcolm flirtatiously teased, "Or we can start investing in some little mini versions of ourselves. Kids, I mean."

Desire said playfully, "Hold on there, cowboy. Let me graduate college first before we start talking about babies."

Malcolm chuckled, "I'm sorry but seeing my niece tonight...it makes me have baby fever."

Desire agreed, "I know with her chubby cheeks! She looks just like her father and there ain't no denying that."

Malcolm smiled, "True! Oh, my niece is so precious...I can't wait until she gets older so that way I can put her boyfriend in a trunk."

Desire laughed, "Baby why are you going to put him in the trunk?"

Malcolm shrugged, "Because she will forever be my baby girl and I don't wanna accept the fact that she won't be a baby for much longer. She's already six months baby!"

Desire nodded, "I know she's growing fast."

Malcolm gently put her feet down and then kissed Desire deeply. Then they kissed again.

Desire pulled apart, "You trying to be slick!"

Malcolm replied, "What do you mean?"

Desire chuckled, "If you think this is going to change my mind about them kids you're sadly mistaken."

Malcolm chuckled, "No we don't have to
plan for kids right now but should that stop the mood I'm feeling?"

Desire asked, "Oh are you in the mood?"

Malcolm kissed her even deeper and then asked, "Does that answer your question?"

They continued to kiss and they laid down on the bed, handling their marriage business.

•One Week Later•

Malcolm and Byron visited their mother in prison. Byron shared updates about baby Valerie, who was six months old, and how he was out of rehab and doing well.

Byron tells Wanda, "Valerie is growing so fast. She's already six months old and such a joy. I'm out of rehab now and things are going great. In the next few months, I'll be able to move to Washington and co-parent with Alicia. Oh, and Alicia got her full inheritance can you believe that?? she's got her house and we're all doing fantastic."

Malcolm describes his gym business, saying, "The gym is thriving. We have a lot of happy clients and the business is growing steadily. I'm proud of what we've built."

He then talks about Desire, saying, "Desire is doing amazingly well in college. She's focused and dedicated to her studies. I couldn't be prouder of her."

Byron shows a picture of Valerie, "You see your grand-child mama? Doesn't she look just like me?"

Wanda looked at the picture but didn't say a word. Byron replied, "I would bring her here to come visit but I'd rather not open her up to a place like this."

Malcolm showed a picture of his gym, "Look at Desire and I! We were so happy that day that we opened my gym it was great. Desire has gotten more curves than the last time you saw her but we all know why that is."

Both Malcolm and Byron dapped each other up as they laughed. Wanda sat there in her miserable mind and she didn't say a word to either one of them.

Then Byron asked, "Have you talked to my dad? Or PJ?"

Wanda shook her head no. Then Byron said, "Well as soon as I find out where they're located. I'll let you know that they said hey."

Then, Malcolm spoke up, saying, "Mama, we've come to the conclusion that we forgive you. We hold no more resentment towards you. God has blessed us too much for that."

Byron added, "We'll come and visit you once a month. But when I move to Washington it'll have to be once a year. Malcolm will come to see you more than I will that's if he wants to of course."

Malcolm chuckled, "I can't make any promises! But I will certainly try my hardest not to forget about you."

Then Malcolm said, "I pray that God protects you here."

Byron sighed. "I thank you for the life you tried to force on me. Turns out that God's plans were better and...I feel better not that you're not in control anymore."

As they prepared to leave, Malcolm and Byron put on their shades and said, "Mother, we love you, but we have to go take care of OUR lives! We have families waiting." With that, they left Wanda alone.