•Twenty Five•

•Being Renewed•

Desire's POV:
The next morning, I woke up extra early to get ready for church. Today is the day that I get baptized and I'm going to be honest when I say that I'm nervous. I put my wig in a bun then I decided to put on some shorts and a tank top. The pastor said to dress in a swimsuit but...I don't have any modest swimsuits. I allowed Malcolm to come in who had breakfast boxes in his hand with Starbucks.

Malcolm sat on the bed and then asked, "How are you feeling?"

I replied, "Nervous! Malcolm, I don't really think I wanna do this anymore."

Malcolm said, "You're getting cold feet already? Look, everybody gets that when they go up to the Altar for the first time and-"

I interrupted, "-Noo Malcolm this is different!"

He replied, "Oh...I see!"

I covered my face in stress then Malcolm sat the food down and came over to me. He removed my hands then he wrapped his arms around my waist. We both looked into the mirror and you could see the tears forming in my eyes.

Malcolm asked, "Do you know what the purpose of going to church is for?"

I answered, "You told me that the church was like Jesus's wife."

"Exactly! That's Bible..." Malcolm replied, "Think of this whole process like you're coming into a commitment with Jesus Christ. Because you are! When you get baptized in the house of the Lord he frees you from sin. It's like marrying Jesus at the altar. You're giving your all to Jesus Christ as a commitment when you get baptized."

I asked, "What if I'm not a good wife to him though? What if I break that commitment with sin?"

Malcolm cuffed my face and then asked, "If I were to marry you today...would you cheat on me?"

I shook my head, no, and then he explained, "When you come into a commitment with Christ. Do everything you can in your power to not jeopardize that relationship."

I said, "But I'm only human and we all sin!"

Malcolm replied, "No no...as Christians, we fall short but, we don't practice sin. There's a difference! Sinners commit sins all day long. But as Christians, we fall short then get back up and learn our lesson then move forward. Don't let the enemy feed you lies!"

I got quiet then he said, "Desire, baby, I promise this will be the best decision you are going to make in your life."

I asked, "Did you call me baby!?"

He replied, "Don't get off subject, I'm being real!"

I sighed, "Okay!"

Then he asked, "Now can you please stop stressing and come over here and eat?"

I replied, "Fine..."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Byron's POV:

I finished my morning routine then I came out of the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom then I saw PJ, Mama, Dad, and some strange man in my room.