•Thirty Seven•

•Let it Burn•

Byron's POV:

At Dinnertime, I sat at the dinner table with my family, Alicia and my mom were deep in conversation about the decorations they had bought for the wedding. I tried to tune into the conversation, but my mind kept drifting elsewhere.

Mama grinned, "I think that the purple violets were a good choice for the tables. I'll make sure we place them down at every table and I'll have a friend of mine make wedding cards for every seat there is."

Alicia smiled, "I think that is a brilliant idea! I can't wait to see the set up when we have vow rehearsals."

Suddenly, Malcolm spoke up, frustrated, "I don't want to be here anymore," Then he pushed his chair back, preparing to leave.

Mama raised her eyebrow, and asked, "Where are you going?"

Malcolm replied, "I'm going to bed."

Mama asked, sarcastically, "Or are you going to go mope over that leech you call a fiancé?"

Malcolm snapped, "Mama I'm not in the mood! Besides, I don't even know why you're talking to me after what took place earlier. Like, I said...Goodnight everyone!"
After that, Malcolm stood up and stormed upstairs to his room. Mama cleared her throat awkwardly, "So, Alicia, have you made any decisions about your mother's will yet?"

Alicia paused for a moment then said, "I'm still considering my options," she replied avoiding my mother's gaze.

I couldn't bother to entertain the conversation. As I tuned out their voices, I thought about Desire. She said that she would be back but we haven't seen her since she left. If Malcolm knew that I encouraged her to leave then he would be furious. I only wanted her to get the stress load off her back and pay her debts to Lucifer. In situations like hers...when you make a deal with him it's either you pay him what you're owed or you pay him with your life. I couldn't have my brother in the mix of all of that.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Desire's POV:

I felt the pressure of Lucifer's grip around my throat, and I knew I had to act fast. With a surge of adrenaline, I pushed him with all my might. He stumbled backward, crashing onto the living room table. The impact knocked the gun out of his hand, sending it across the floor.

Gasping for air, I scrambled to my feet, knowing I had to escape before Lucifer regained his composure. I darted upstairs towards the bathroom, my heart pounding in my chest. I locked myself in the bathroom, thinking to myself to act quick. Then I saw a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the counter and grabbed it. I grabbed a handful of paper towels and stuffed them into the trash can. Pouring alcohol over them, I made sure they were soaked through. Olivia banged on the door and screamed, "OPEN UP THE DOOR DESIRE!"

My hands were shaking as I searched my surroundings for a lighter. I opened the medicine cabinet and seen nothing but drugs. I looked underneath the sink and there I found multiple lighters. I grabbed one, opened it, and held the flame to the pile. The tissues and paper towels caught fire right away, and flames started to rise up towards the ceiling.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Malcolm's POV: