Chapter 15 - Stronger

It had been two months since the infiltration at the palace. As a result, we'd lost fifteen men and though it doesn't seem like much compared to the thousands of soldiers that we have, we'd lost those fifteen men to one hundred of the intruders; so imagine if they had brought their entire forces to fight against us!

For that precise reason, Robert, who had nearly lost his life during the infiltration has doubled up the security around the palace and their training time. Crimson now had to begin his Royal Army training while serving as my Royal Guard and also keep us with his school studies. So, it would be safe to say that he is an extremely busy person now. Even though he still sneaks into my bedroom, he's often exhausted and just drifted off to sleep; giving us no time to communicate and he's long gone by the time I wake up.

Like my mother had said before, "I don't want us to act like a family, I want us to fight like one!". The Royal Army and Cadets weren't the only ones stepping up their game in training. Everyone in the Royal Family, including the extended family (Rachel and Raven) have all been required to be trained up to at least the first year cadet level. It basically means we'll be learning how to use self-defense techniques, some offensive techniques and small guns.

Robert has taken the liberty to personally train my mother, Grace and I because he felt that because we are females, we would be targeted more so than the males in our family. Needless to say, we were not all getting along in training. My mother and I constantly swore and jeered at each other while Grace tried to be mediator to the situation, which always resulted in me insulting her and Robert reprimanding me.

As for the general public, the lie was that the army was doing a gun salute and shockingly, the world believed it! The government just didn't fear to enter the hearts of Heartlanders if they found out that terrorists were trying to destroy us for unknown reasons. But I still believed that they deserve a right to know, I mean come on, they do live here!

"Alex,"

If I were a commoner I would want to know what was going on in my country

"Alex?"

I mean, do they really have to think about telling the public?

"ALEX!"

I jumped in fright as I turned my head to the left to see an annoyed Pinky. "I've called your name like five times already! What's wrong with with you?"

I ran my hands over my face. "I'm sorry," I sighed. "I just have a lot on my mind right now,"

"Well then you better get it together because you have to finish your calculus homework, which Mrs. Baker said counted towards 30% of our Christmas exam!" She exclaimed. "Her class is in the next two hours and you've only completed five out of one hundred questions!"

"How shameful," Lux tutted. Why the hell is he even here?

"Shut up brat!" I glared at him. "I'll finish the damn homework Pinky!"

She scoffed. "How? It takes at least ten minutes to complete one. How can you complete ninety five in two hours? And I am not letting you copy this time!"

Glaring harshly at her, I snatched my textbook and notebook into my lap and began furiously solving the equations. I'll show her that I can to complete it in under two hours! And low and behold, forty five minutes later, I'd successfully completed every question; and I was 99.5% sure that they were all correct.

"Their is no way you can be done already," Pinky eyes me skeptically. "You didn't even use a calculator!"

"Check it for yourself," I smirked confidently as I watched her blue eyes analyze every equation. When she'd reached the end, she stared up at me, completely flabbergasted.