Chapter 8 - The State Dinner Pt 1

"You want me to what?" Pinky repeated in a shocked tone.

"Be my date to the state dinner!" I pleaded with her for the second time. "I'm allowed to bring a date to these kind of things but I never have before because of well...you know...I had no friends. But now I have you!"

"Why can't you take Crimson?"

"He's going to be in attendance, but as my guard," I said lying on my sofa. "Besides, I'd rather to you. My friend!"

She sighed heavily. "I don't know Alex, I mean it's so short notice. The dinner is tonight and I don't even have anything suitable to wear -"

"That's not a problem!" I chirped. "I have tons of dresses that I haven't worn yet. And if you don't like those, I'll send someone to get you a dress."

"But I don't even know proper etiquette!" She exclaimed. "So many important people are going to be there and I don't want to make a fool out myself,"

"No one actually eats at the state dinner," I rolled my eyes at her naivety. "Just push around the food on your plate until the next course arrives. It's a five course dinner by the way."

"THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT CALLED A DINNER!"

"Just a formality, everyone eats before they come," I explained. "They'll be talking about politics and other boring stuff and I don't want to be alone. Please come!"

"Did you just say 'please'?" She replied shocked.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes I did, that's how much I want you to come."

"Alex I-"

"If you come then we can have a sleepover." I blurted.

"Really!" She said becoming exciting. Dear Lord, what did I just do?

"Y-Yea-Yeah!" I said through gritted teeth. "We can have a sleepover,"

"Count me in then!" She squealed. "I can't wait for tonight! But wait, how am I going to get to the palace? I can't just casually stroll in there,"

"Give me your address," I said getting a pen and some paper. "I'll send my driver for you,"

"YOU MEAN THE LIMO!"

I sighed as I dropped my head low. "Yes Pinky, I mean the limo."

"Oh my goodness!" She squealed. "My first time in a limousine. THIS IS SO EXICITING!"

"Yes, it's just magnificent," I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. "The address please!"

She gave me her address and I quickly scribbled it down before texting it to my driver. "He'll be there in thirty minutes so have everything prepared,"

"OH MY GOSH ALEX AREN'T YOU EXCITED!" She screamed. "OUR FIRST SLEEPOVER! I CAN'T WAIT TILL WE-"

"Yeah I'll see you when you get here Pinky," I said cutting her off. "Bye!"

Geez, does that girl ever shut up?

...

"THIS IS YOUR ROOM!" Pinky shouted as she stared around at everything. "IT'S BIGGER THAN MY HOUSE BACK HOME!"

I don't know how to respond to that. It usually would be something mean, but Pinky's my friend so, I'll just keep quiet.

"You have a chandelier in your bedroom," She said staring up at my golden chandelier in awe. "What the hell Alex this isn't a bedroom, this is a luxury apartment!"