Chapter 17 - Secretive

"A memory," I repeated with a raised eyebrow. "How can it possibly be a memory If I don't remember any of those things happening? In fact, how would you even know that it was a memory? You weren't there!"

"Take a closer look," She whispered as tears streamed down her face. Leaning a bit closer, I took in her characteristics. Wavy waist length black hair, dark brown eyes, very fair skin that look translucent and natural ruby red lips. I still don't know who the hell she was.

"I've never seen you before in my life," I said.

"Really?" She sniffed. "I don't remind you of anyone?"

I rolled my eyes. "I already said that you don't-wait a second," I leaned closer to her face. "You do look like someone. You do look a lot like my mother!

"She pursed her lips and nodded as I leaned away from her.

 "You said that my dream was a memory," I whispered. "So then why didn't I see it from my eyes? It was like I was just a bystander watching everything unfold. Was that you who knocked my father over the head with a vase?"

"Yes," She gulped."

Why?" I pondered. "Was it because he was raping my mother?"

"I suppose,"

I gave her a dead-panned expression. "You suppose? What the hell do you mean "you suppose"?

""It's a deeper meaning to that memory that meets the eye-"

"THEN TELL ME!" I exclaimed. "STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH AND JUST TELL ME!"

"I CAN'T!" She begun to sob. What the fuck is she even crying for?

"Why the hell not?" I glared.

"I promised your mother that I wouldn't tell a soul," She sniffed.

"How do you even know her?" I questioned. "In fact, why was my father raping her? Why were you even there? Why the hell am I just remembering this?"

She bit her lip nervously before speaking. "Your mother and I...we were very close friends. As you know, before she married your father, she was the only female born to your grandparents who owned 75% of the estates in the upper-ring,"

"Yes, yes my grandparents were stinking rich I know," I rolled my eyes. "Get on with the story,"

She ignored my rudeness and continued to speak. "Because she was the only female born to the richest and most prestigious family, besides the royal one, at that time, it was automatic that she would wed the crown prince, your father,"

"Jesus I just want to know how you know my mother?" I seethed. "Not how my parents met!"

"I was one of her maids when she was sent to the palace to marry your father," She finally admitted. "Your mother and I became the closest of friends! We'd often been asked if we were sisters because of our uncanny resemblance, even though our hair and eye color were different."

"Hang on a minute," I held up a finger. "Lux told me that your father owned one of the best railroad companies in the Heartlands, and that you inherited every dime, which amounted to five hundred million dollars,"

"My father and I never really got along," She said. "I got tired of his overbearing rules so I moved out and found work as a maid at the palace. It paid me well and provided me living conditions, so I was quite content financially. But, a fire started at my home and my parents, siblings and his will were all burnt. Since I was his only living family member, I inherited everything, although I didn't quit my job as a maid until I became pregnant with Lux,"

"Why didn't you quit as soon as you inherited the money?" I raised an eyebrow. "It's not like you needed to work anymore,"

"Like I said, your mother was my dearest friend and I didn't want to leave her," She pouted. 

I folded my arms tightly and narrowed my eyes. "I noticed that you've been using past tense when referring to your friendship with my mother. What happened that made your friendship become one of the past?"

She hesitated again and I got even more furious. "WHAT HAPPENED!"

"I-I can't tell you, I can't," She began bawling at this point. "I promised her! I promised Vanessa!"

As tight as I could, I grabbed her chin and forced her to look into my eyes. "You will tell me, or else I will tell my mother about my dream. I'll tell her that you told me about it," I smirked. 

Her eyes widened in horror as she tried to pull away from me but I held on tighter. "You wouldn't!"

"Oh I would," I grinned evilly. "Obviously you don't know me. I'll do anything to get what I want, even if it means ruining relationships,"

"That's cruel!"

"That's life," I spat. "Now, tell me what happened!"

She chocked on a sob before bringing her hands to wipe her eyes. "It was your father," She cried.

"My father," I repeated. "What about him?"

"He-" She started but was cut off by Pinky and Lux bursting into the room with a hot bowl of soup and a packet of white tablets.

"What's going on?" Pinky asked looking between us. I had instantly released Blair's chin as soon as the door opened.

"Nothing, nothing," I twiddled my thumbs as I discreetly glared at Blair. "Right, Blair?"

"Yeah nothing," She smartly played along. "The princess and I were just talking about the accident,"

"Speaking of the accident," Pinky sat at the foot of my bed. "The palace is a panic because you're missing Alex. How are you planning on fixing this?"

"My disappearance most likely hasn't gone public yet," I mused. "I'll tell Robert about the accident and that we were being chased by the terrorists,"

"What about you being missing?"

"We had an accident, the car went into the forest, we woke up lost and confused and it took a few days for us to find our way out," I sipped on my soup. "Perfect story!"

"Do you feel any kind of remorse when you lie to people's face?" Lux asked.

"Not really,"

"You're sick," He said.

"Yeah, I know," I shrugged. "But I mean, It's not like you're any better. Beating up people just because they called your crush ugly,"

"Hey, he was way out of line and you know it!" He boomed as he stood up from his seat with his fists tightly clenched. I laughed at his attempt to seem threatening.

 "You need anger management, Luxy!" I mocked.

"LOOK WHO'S TALKING!" He shouted.

"Enough you two!" Blair intervened. "We should all leave so that we can allow the Princess to get some rest,"

"But I wanted to-" Pinky whined but Blair interrupted her by gently grabbing her elbow.

"She needs the rest Lacey," She said gently. "You can talk tomorrow,"

Pinky pouted but reluctantly agreed. "Fine, come on Lux, you can give me a tour of this awesome house!"

As they strolled out the door, Blair was the last one to leave the room. I gave her a glare as she gently shut the door. She still wasn't telling me everything that I wanted to know. She was hiding something and I will figure it out!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I know it's short and I took forever to update, but I was really busy these past few days T_TPLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!!!Even though this chapter sucks, please review beautiful people! It keeps me motivated!Peace Out!^__^