Chapter 20 - Breathe

"L-Lux," I choked out as I suddenly felt nauseous.

Sweet merciful God above! Lux's father is Truth, who is also my father, which makes him my half-brother!

Would've never in a million years expected a revelation like this from my seemingly harmless investigation. Does Blair even know? I bet she does! That lying bitch knows about everything and she lied to my fucking face about it!

And Lux, oh God Lux! He doesn't even know who his true father is! He told me that his father died before he was born, but little did he he know that his father was ruling over him as his king all his life! How am I supposed to explain this to him? Do I even want to explain it? Is it my obligation or Blair's?

I technically had no real proof that he's my father's illegitimate child. Only that his birthday was nearly ten months after Blair had gotten raped. But I knew it was true! Even though he doesn't look like my father or any of my siblings and I; as most of his physical looks come from Blair, besides the nose, he definitely has our nose, Lux definitely has my father's hot temper, as do I.

But what the hell do I do? I can't tell him that! He'll never believe my word over his mother's! Oh God everything is just giving me a headache and nausea.

"I-I-I need to get o-out of here," I stuttered as I wobbled my way to the exit, but my stupid mother stopped me as she gripped my wrist tightly.

"You said that this Lux boy was your friend," She said in a hard tone. I knew exactly what she was thinking.She didn't want me to tell him anything because if it got out to the public that my father had an illegitimate child while married, that would be bad publicity.

"I'm not going to tell him anything so you can relax," I partially lied through gritted teeth as I yanked my wrist out of her grip. I haven't made up my mind on whether I would tell him or not, and I won't let her interfere with my choice. He may be illegitimate, but he still has the right to know the truth!

"Good," She rolled her eyes. I don't have time for this, I need to get back to my room before I faint.

Not even looking back, I quickly navigated my way through the vault and back up to the library. The librarian, Emilia, looked at me in bewilderment as I hurdled through the many corridors and aisles of the maze like library and I sighed in relief as I was out.

"Princess, are you alright?" A maid asked me as he took in my bewildered appearance. I'm sure in my frazzled state, I resembled an escaped psychiatric patient.

"I'm fine-FINE, good yes I'm great," I laughed nervously as I tried to inch away. But his gaze turned to one of suspicion as he inched closer. "Are you sure Princess? I can get the Royal Physician right away-"

"NO!" I shouted as I shook my hands furiously. "I mean no, I'm just a bit tired as all," I laughed nervously. "Carry on with your service duties!"
Before he could ask me anything else, I quickly took off in a sprint down the hallway and all of the other workers were looking at me in shock and concern. I feel as if I'm carrying a bag filled with ten billion dollars; it's like everyone around me knows that I have a secret. But I can't let them know, I CAN'T!

Not looking were I was going, I harshly knocked into what felt like a wall, but when I looked up I saw that it was Crimson. He smirked down at me but when he noticed my panicked expression, he quickly pulled me into a corner and knelt down on his, grasping my tiny hands in his large ones. "What's wrong Curly?"

I know that I shouldn't tell anyone besides Lux about it, but I need to get this out of me before I explode. "Lux, it's Lux," I choked out.

"Lux?" He repeated confused. "What about him? Is he hurt or something?"