Chapter 23 - Casa de Cross

RECAP

You little brat!" Crimson said. "I am going to kill you!"

"Who's going to kill who?" Another voice said.

We all turned around to see a plump woman with waist length wavy red hair and dark brown eyes staring at us. She had to be Crimson's mother, I could see the resemblance between them. Her eyes stared at Crimson and I in shock; well mostly at me. Her mouth was practically to the floor as she slowly stalked towards us as stared at me.

"You-You're-" She stammered as she weakly pointed a finger at me. But then she did something that shock us all.

Turning to Crimson, she grabbed bag of carrots that was on the counter and began whacking him across the head with it. "CRIMSON CROSS! HOW DARE YOU KIDNAP THE PRINCESS!"
Say what?

Chapter 23 - Casa de Cross

"PRINCESS?" Apricot and Gray shouted as they looked at me incredulously. I could only rub the back of my neck sheepishly as I raised an eyebrow at the comical sight in front of me.

"OUCH MOM!" Crimson shouted as he tried to shield his head from her merciless assault with the bag of carrots. "I DIDN'T KIDNAP HER, SHE'S HERE ON HER OWN WILL!"

Crimson's mother stopped her assault and looked at him with scrutinizing eyes. "Why would the princess be here, in my house, on her own will? In fact, why are you even with her?"

"BECAUSE I AM HER ROYAL GUARD MOM!" He exasperated as he flung the poor bag of carrots to the ground. "God, I told you this already over the phone!"

"You mean, you were serious?" She raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were just screwing around as usual!"

How the hell could she have that that he was screwing around? Was this woman whack?
"What do mean if I was serious?" He furrowed his brows. "Of course I was serious mom! I made a bank account just to put money in it that I earned for you"

"There is actually money in that account?" Her jaw dropped. "Jesus Crimson why the hell didn't you tell me?"

Just what the actual fuck is wrong with this woman?

"What!" Crimson threw his hands up. "Mom, I love and respect you very much but, what's wrong with you? I've been putting money in that account for the last three months and you mean to tell me that you haven't even touched it?

"Crimson, I didn't know you were serious about it!" She said. "I sent you to the capital to study at RHA, not to become a Royal Guard!"

"Well things happened mom and now I'm the Royal Guard of Princess Alex!" He rolled his eyes.

"Crimson-" She started but he cut her off.

"Mom, this is Alex," He introduced. "And I should also tell you that we're together,"

"What do you mean together?"

"Alex, this is my mother Nia Cross," He ignored her.

"Nice to meet you?" I said unsure. She seemed quite shocked when Crimson told her that we were together and didn't even seem to acknowledge me.

"Crimson Nathaniel Cross!" She glared at him. "What do you mean you and the princess are together?"

Nathaniel? Ha! What a dumbass name!

"What do you think I mean when I say together mom?"

Her eyes narrowed on him for a few moments before they widened in terror and she suddenly grabbed the two of us by the forearm and stared us down in the eyes. "Are you two having sex?"