Chapter Twelve : Calming Effect

"This is all your fault! Why couldn't you pay attention to the damn road?" Tsumiki hisses at Suguru, snatching the map from him

    "This is all your fault! Why couldn't you pay attention to the damn road?" Tsumiki hisses at Suguru, snatching the map from him. He glares right back at her, the two continuing to bicker back and forth because of their now two popped tires.

     "Ignore them." Megumi lightly nudges his shoulder against Satoru's. "We shouldn't be too far. If we start walking now, we'll only have to sleep out one night rather than two."

     Satoru sighs, slinging his arms around Megumi's shoulders from behind, resting his chin on top of Megumi's head. He's exhausted and had been resting in the car before being rudely awoken from their swerving car. Megumi can feel Satoru's exhaustion from the amount of weight he puts on him. Not that he minds, it's been stressful on everyone.

    The pups run around, tackling one another and are still full of energy. Sukuna had wandered off to take a piss, grumbling and also sleep deprived so he is far from friendly at the moment. Suguru and Tsumiki have let their hunger awaken their nasty attitudes. The only one keeping it together, surprisingly, is Megumi.

    "Smells good." Satoru murmurs, tugging Megumi closer.

      "Are you being a pervert?" Megumi frowns, keeping his eyes glued to the little wolves.

     "Nah, not right now. An omega scent is soothing." He breathes out calmly, eyes closed. Megumi knows that omega pheromones have that effect, so he doesn't question the drained man further. It's bad enough three out of the five are ready to burst a blood vessel, he doesn't need to add Satoru to the opposing group.

     "Okay, I'm done talking to you, you're a moron. Megumi, let's just get moving already." Tsumiki shoves the map into Suguru's hands, walking past him.

      Sukuna comes back, that intimidating aura still around him. He doesn't question anything, grabbing Megumi's backpack and putting it on before he snatches up the wolf pups box with a blanket, yanking the pups up and putting them in. They whine but otherwise don't cause trouble as if they can sense the tension from everyone.

    "Satoru, let's go." Suguru snaps, whacking him in the back of the head.

     Satoru's lips pull back as he snarls, baring his alpha canines. Though reluctant, he slowly lets go of Megumi. He stumbles a bit, causing Megumi to frown and place his hand onto Satoru's shoulder. "Hey, are you alright? Do you need more pheromones?"

He takes a deep breath, calming himself. "I'm alright. Seriously, thank you Memi." Satoru gives a small smile, grateful for Megumi's corporation.

Despite being unsure if Satoru is actually content with the pheromones he got, Megumi retracts his hand and nods in response. He grabs one of Tsumiki's bags to hand to her, uncertain as he looks at the group he's stuck with.

     "Come on, let's go." Megumi sighs, leading the way. He offers to take the pups off of Sukuna's hands to help but he moves them out of his reach.