Chapter Twenty-Three : Keep You From Me

Nanami takes Junpei to where Shoko is to even determine whether or not the beta can stay inside the facility. Sukuna carries Megumi back to their room without saying a word. Megumi doesn't speak either, a lot weighing on his mind regarding his purpose and what that should be. What he really needs to figure out is if he wants to bring this up to Sukuna. Would he even understand? He's like a child with how everything is so simple.

     Sukuna sets Megumi down in front of the room, looking at him strangely. He doesn't move to open the door, so Megumi doesn't either. Sukuna's expression is unreadable and this time, Megumi can't figure out the man's thoughts. He wishes he'd just say something, lecture him or yell at him if he's disappointed or furious. But the only time Sukuna did get upset with him was when he knew Megumi had let Satoru have his way with him... and the only time he yelled at Megumi, was when he wanted to protect him from himself.

    Sukuna brings his hand up, pausing before he then cups Megumi's face. Something flickers across his crimson eyes and Megumi so badly wants to know his thoughts.

   The door swings open, interrupting the two of them. "I knew it! Megumi, how could you leave without saying anything?!" Tsumiki shouts, yanking Megumi inside. Sukuna follows, finding himself disappointed. "You big idiot! Don't you ever do that!" Tsumiki smacks Megumi's shoulder but he knows she is only worried about him. She's hurt that he left without a word, he of all people shouldn't have done that to her and yet... he's thinking about leaving her permanently. The abandonment runs deep between the two of them, but she has to know, doesn't she? Megumi might just run down the same path as the person they hate the most, the one who gave them all these abandonment issues to begin with. It's only a matter of time before Megumi gets scared and runs away again.

     "I can't promise that. It was easier than listening to your nagging." Megumi sighs, avoiding eye contact with her because if he sees those big brown, teary eyes then he'll feel guilty. Then he'll only hurt himself by doing whatever she wants that'll make her happy.

     "What if you..."

     "What if I what, Miki?" Megumi grumbles, feeling sick. He just wants to go to his room already. He doesn't want to run into Satoru or Suguru and he is done with this conversation. He wasn't ready to have it, not when he's feeling like this and might snap at Tsumiki.

    "What if you died out there!? You left without a word, you're still a kid! You're my little brother and I need to look after you–!"

    "I don't need a babysitter, Miki. We both know I stopped being a kid the moment our old man walked out on us. Don't forget, you left me first to have a life and you know what, I let you go without complaint. So don't use me to fill the empty time now. It's suffocating." Megumi turns away from her, his arm being grabbed in the process.

    "I didn't... I didn't abandon you." Her hand is trembling as she holds onto him. He shakes her off, clenching his jaw. He doesn't say anything else, because it'll only hurt her. That's not what he wants. He goes into his bedroom with Sukuna following obediently along. He sets the backpack down, beginning to strip his clothes off.

    "Megumi, stop." Sukuna gently grabs Megumi's hands, halting him. Due to being lost in his own thoughts, he jerks away from Sukuna. He opens his mouth before closing it instantly. He turns away, unbuttoning his pants.

    "I don't... think you're weak. Danger... follows you–"

    "What?" Megumi snaps, turning to him. "It's my fault? How much of it then? Those guys who attacked me, was that all my fault too? My bad luck? Yeah, I've heard that all my life. How I'm cursed, ironic since my name means Blessing but the man who gave me my name also ditched me before I could have even fucked up to give him some good excuse." He scoffs, that ache causes his heart to feel as though it's being squeezed. Suffocated. Strangled.

    He hates this. He feels trapped. Scared.

    "I want to protect you... I love you." Sukuna steps forward but Megumi steps back. Tears well up in his eyes, startling Sukuna.

     "No... you don't. I saved you, so you just... you just feel in debt to me or something, you're mistaking it for love. Damn it, I'm such an idiot. I get swayed so easily it's just pathetic." Megumi sits on the edge of the bed, covering his crying face with both his hands. "One of us needs to come to our senses. I'm just a burden to you and I just liked the way you made me feel, physically. I'm not going to be the one to hold you back, I don't... want you to end up hating me because of it." Megumi hurriedly wipes his tears, fixing up his clothes. If he stays any longer, he's going to have a full meltdown.

    "You're mine, Megumi." Sukuna desires so desperately to understand Megumi's troublesome thoughts and to be able to rid him of everything causing him internal misery.

    "Yeah. Maybe. But you shouldn't be mine. It's not fair, you're troubled, yeah, but who isn't? You're loyal and sincere, you want to protect but I don't want someone to do that for me. All it does is make me wonder what I can give back, how should I repay you? It's a burden and makes me feel like one too." Megumi doesn't know how many times he can say it for it to finally get through to Sukuna.

     Sukuna doesn't want to protect just anyone; he wouldn't save anyone other than Megumi if they were in danger. There's not one person. Megumi feels burdened by his devotion and his suffocating presence. Sukuna doesn't know what he can do to fix it, he can't change how he is. Megumi's existence awakens things inside him he's never felt before.

He pulls Megumi close despite his visible resistance, kissing him deeply. Sukuna has difficulty speaking but Megumi understands everything from touch, doesn't he?

    "Enough." Megumi whispers, sniffling. Sukuna slides his hands under Megumi's shirt, pressing against his bare skin. "I've taught you some bad things..." Megumi wraps his arms around Sukuna's neck, deepening the kiss.

Their clothes have never been removed faster and Sukuna had never been so aggressive. He focuses solely on Megumi's chest, pinching and rubbing one nipple while he sucks on the other, his teeth gently grazing before rolling the bud with his tongue. Megumi whines, his pussy beyond wet already.

    Sukuna's pheromones are all that Megumi can smell, it's making him lose all sense of himself. His body is becoming highly sensitive from it.

What is wrong with me? I was trying to push him away for his own benefit... but he keeps drawing me back in... I'm so pathetic and he's going to hate me for it.