Chapter Twenty One : Predator

"Cute and soft, like a bunny." Sukuna nuzzles into Megumi's stomach, hands holding firmly onto the back of Megumi's pale thighs. "In a book... my mother gave... it was about animals. I never cared for them, prey are prey."

     "Are you calling me prey?" Megumi pouts, sliding his fingers through Sukuna's pinkish hair. Sukuna kisses above Megumi's belly button, sighing and nuzzling against the bare flesh once more.

"A bunny with its predator as a protector. I want to eat you but I will restrain myself. A wolf who is mating a bunny... hm." Sukuna murmurs, struggling to keep himself awake. He cherishes moments like these, when Megumi is calm and accepting of affection rather than just putting up with it.

    "You're exhausted, you're saying nonsense." Megumi chuckles, shaking his head. He is keeping so much bottled up, too scared to share his thoughts and all that Shoko has told him in privacy. It doesn't feel like the right time yet, not until Shoko gets more blood and pheromones from him because he knows Sukuna and his sister are going to firmly be against him continuing to aid her if they knew. So for now, just for a little while longer, he'll keep them in the dark. All he can hope for is that they will be willing to forgive him. Afterall, he is doing all this for them. They're safe here, able to eat and shower whenever they want and can share a laugh and rest without fear keeping them paranoid everytime they manage to doze off for just a little longer than they intended to let their guard down for.

     "Am I?" Sukuna mumbles, his pheromones bringing a rather serene sensation. Megumi suspects it has a lot to do with their consistency, they can't keep their hands off of each other. Desperate touches, lingering kisses that speak of their deeper yearning.

     "Yeah, but it's okay. I think you might've had a reason for saying the things you are, but it got lost somewhere." Megumi doesn't want Sukuna to stop talking, he doesn't mind their conversations, but at the same time they have a busy day ahead of them tomorrow.

━━━━━━━━

𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹

━━━━━━━━

     "It's simple, we stick together unless I say otherwise." Nanami reminds Megumi as the group travels through the forest. Megumi managed to sneak out with Sukuna before Tsumiki woke so he didn't have to overwhelm her or hear her nagging. "You remember how dangerous it was out here, don't be reckless. Without you, there's no hope for humanity."

    Having Nanami tell Megumi that is only further pressure. If Shoko fails, if she is wrong about Megumi's blood and pheromones being the needed component for the cure, she won't be the one who is blamed. It'll be Megumi. His presence was a false hope. He is the failure and humanity is still doomed. These soldiers, sixteen of them excluding Nanami and Sukuna, are willing to risk their lives out here for supplies and other potential survivors. These people whose names, ages, and overall background are completely unknown to Megumi. They're pawns part of a bigger game and Megumi is the named savior with Sukuna as the protector.

    Unless Shoko doesn't succeed. These unknown people will turn on him, look at him with scorn and will probably argue to remove Megumi, Sukuna, Tsumiki, Satoru, and Suguru from the facility.

     A low, rumbling groan brings Megumi from his negative thoughts. A dead comes limping towards them, its leg twisted with a dirtied bone sticking out. Those vile eyes, devoid of life, looking towards them as it clicks its jaw. Skin a deeper grey, clothes covered in filth and ripped in random places. One soldier raises his shiny blade, stabbing the dead in its skull. A foul squelching noise is heard, the infected becoming limp. The soldier removes his weapon, flicking some of the dark blood off before he returns it into its holster.