Uncrossing the Wires

We pulled up at the doors of Pangaea, the most elite club in the city

We pulled up at the doors of Pangaea, the most elite club in the city. Prisha had not allowed me to breathe until we left, so here I was partying with my younger cousins. What had my life come to?

There was a huge line in front of the club, but one look at me and the bouncer opened the door to let us enter. As soon as I walked through the door, the familiar smell of alcohol and sweat hit me. The loud music and the energetic crowd made for the perfect abode for broken hearts and heavy minds. And people who don't want to marry their to-be-fiancé. Just the thought made my head spin. 

Prisha immediately went to the dance floor, followed my Minakshi, Rudra and Medhansh, and then a bodyguard I had hired. You could never be too sure even in a club as elite as this. Aaryan, Abhimanyu and I made our way to the VIP area which was on a balcony structure on an upper level and offered an entire view of the club. After a few minutes of lounging casually on the couch, and sipping whiskey, two ladies approached our table.

"Hi there, mind if we join?" One of them, with a short silver dress, that barely reached her mid thigh, came and sat directly next to me. I just nodded, in no mood for this tonight. Usually, I would flirt back, especially since this woman was my type- hot and confident. However today I wasn't feeling like it, probably because my sisters were right downstairs.

She placed a hand on my chest and leaned in to whisper, "We saw the three of you from across the room and couldn't stop ourselves from coming over. So what's the occasion?" 

"We're celebrating his engagement." Aaryan grinned at the girl. I glared at him but that motherfucker just ignored me. Abhimanyu smirked in his whiskey glass.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I am overstepping-" She shifted to put some distance between us.

"It's okay, darling, you can come here." Aaryan just continued. The girl scanned him and muttered something about using the restroom and took her friend with her. 

"Bloody hell, what engagement are you talking about?" I glared at Aaryan.

"What? You are practically engaged- there is no way it doesn't happen. Besides you weren't gonna take that girl home or something, right?" 

"No, I was not but not because I am getting fucking engaged but because my sisters are on the dance floor right below us."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." He just smirked and I ignored him. After sometime, the four of them returned, all sweaty, ready to order food. As they helped themselves to some appetizers, Prisha looked around the dance floor, when suddenly she jumped.

"Bhai, isn't that bhabhi?" She exclaimed. I followed her gaze to a woman, flirting with a guy at the bar, wearing a short black dress and hair that framed her beautiful face. She did, indeed, look a lot like Samiksha Arora, but I doubt that it could be her. 

"The resemblance is crazy, but obviously that's not our Samiksha bhabhi. She wouldn't come to a place like this." Rudra pointed out. 

"I agree. Wait- isn't that her friends? That's Jannat and that's Saanvi, right?" Minakshi pointed at the girls who were creeping up to the man that was flirting with the woman who resembled Samiksha Arora, and started rummaging through his bag behind him. What the hell?