The Bachelorette Party

I think the best decision I made about my wedding was having Megha and Jannat as my maids of honor

I think the best decision I made about my wedding was having Megha and Jannat as my maids of honor. They know how to have a good time, that's for sure. (No offense to Preksha and Saanvi.) The loud music and the burn of alcohol as I take a shot is almost enough to make me forget about my responsibilities. Almost. Five male strippers dance in front of us, bare-chested and in boxers. Preksha and Jannat are making use of every cent they spent on them by grinding against them and blowing money in their direction. Meanwhile, I am sitting on a couch with Megha, maintaining a safe distance, close enough that I am a part of the group, but far enough that none of the strippers are grinding on my face. 

This was the absolute perfect bachelorette party I could have ever asked for. The day had started with the girls' showing up to my house with some other friends and having the most amazing slumber party (yes, in the morning) with matching pajamas and an exquisite brunch. Dancing and karaoke had followed, in which even Megha had participated. We had decided to end the night by going to a strip club because no bachelorette is complete without strippers, or so Jannat said. (She had wanted me to fly down to Amsterdam but Megha, the voice of logic, had pointed out that it would be impossible for us to return back in time for my wedding.) 

Being surrounded by the girls and the constant bottle of alcohol I had in my hand the entire day, meant that I had absolutely no time or power to think about my wedding functions that were commencing from tomorrow. Which was exactly what I needed. However, the latter also meant that I was drunk out of my mind and it was not even 12 AM. By the time Preksha directed a stripper at me, instructing him to 'take care' of me, the ground was swaying and nothing made sense. It was a miracle I didn't pass out.

The night passed in a haze of dancing- on tabletops, on stripper poles, basically anywhere but the dance floor- and it was 4 AM when most of my friends decided to leave, which left only the five of us at the club. All of us were drunk enough to think that it was a good idea for me to drive back to my penthouse. So, I put on some Taylor Swift and start vibing to the music. However, not even ten minutes in we are interrupted by a knock on my window. I roll it down to be greeted by a police officer. This was bad, right? Another ten minutes later, all of us were standing on the sidewalk where the officer had pulled us over. 

"You know why we pulled you ladies over?" He asks. Saanvi giggles at his expression, and even I have to admit it was funny, or maybe just the alcohol speaking.

"Please don't tell me it was for listening to Taylor Swift. She's a damn good artist and I will not take any slander-" Preksha replies angrily. 

"It was not for listening to Taylor Swift." He cuts her off and sighs, and Preksha mutters a soft 'oh' in response. "You were driving in the wrong lane and also, apparently, under the influence. I am sorry, ma'am, but all of you need to come down to the police station with me." 

"Excuse me, sir, I don't think you know who we are. I will have your station shut down for this insolence." Megha speaks up, but the officer ignores her signaling to someone behind us, which provokes her even further. She is not someone who is used to being ignored. Three female officers step up to lead us towards a Jeep, but Saanvi speaks before they can reach us.