The First Night

Vihaan strides to the washroom, without bearing me so much as a glance

Vihaan strides to the washroom, without bearing me so much as a glance. I don't know what I expected of him, but it certainly wasn't to ignore me. But I don't really care, after all, this was our deal, right? We won't meddle in each other's businesses when we are alone. I sigh and open the bag that Jannat had placed on the bed, to collect my nightclothes to change into. I carefully pull out the sari I am supposed to wear tomorrow and place it on the bed with the blouse, so it doesn't get rumpled. I reach into my bag again and pull out a lace lingerie set that I definitely didn't put in there. What the fuck? There is no sign of my Victoria's Secret pajama set as I frantically pull out all the contents of the bag. 

I want to fucking kill Jannat because I'm sure she is the one who removed my two piece night set from the bag and added this. I place my saree back into the bag and wonder what to do. I could go outside and get my clothes from my room, after all it's just across the hall, but it must be locked. And the keys with the haweli's manager, and I wouldn't know where to find him. I could ask Vihaan to give him a call? Yes, that was my only option, after all I couldn't sleep in my wedding lehenga or the sari I am supposed to wear tomorrow. And there was no way I am wearing any of these lingerie sets to bed with Vihaan. 

I wait for Vihaan to come out of the bathroom and he does after a minute, now changed into a short sleeves white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. For a second I forget what I had wanted to ask him, the veins in his arms distracting me. He doesn't spare me a glance as he picks up his mobile phone from the nightstand. 

"Could you please call the haweli manager and ask him to open the door to my room?" I ask him firmly. He glances up at me and then back at his phone.

"Why?" 

"Not that it's any of your business but I need to collect some clothes." 

"Don't you have them in your bag?" He looks at my bag that I placed on a table opposite the bed.

"If I did, I wouldn't have asked for the manager's number, now would I?" I can feel my patience thinning. This lehenga is too heavy and the heels are assaulting my feet and I want nothing more than to change into comfortable clothing and go to bed. Although, I doubt sleep would come easy to me with my husband in the same bed. 

Vihaan raised an eyebrow and then went back to scrolling on his phone. "The manager, like everybody else, must be asleep by now. It's two in the morning. Whatever clothes you want, you can collect them tomorrow." 

"Well, then what do you suggest? I sleep in this lehenga?" I asked, anger evident in my tone. He lazily glances at my wedding lehenga, as if noticing it for the first time. He smirks, but before he can comment, I cut him off.

"No, I am not sleeping naked." He pauses, and his smirk grows wider as if he is imagining me naked. 

"I wasn't going to suggest you sleep naked, I was going to offer you one of my shirts to sleep in, but good to know where your mind's at." I raise my eyebrows at him, not believing his bullshit. He raises his in return.