'Jessica Pearson Is My Spirit Animal'

"Sammy, I am hungry

"Sammy, I am hungry." Preksha complained from her position on the sofa. The both of us, along with our two other friends, Jannat and Saanvi, were seated in my office where I was trying to get some work done.

"Then go eat." I said, without looking up from my computer.

"But what? What did you have for lunch?" She droned, getting up to sit on the chair at my desk opposite mine.

"I had a salad, but I think the chef has prepared Mexican today. You want me to have someone bring something up for you?" I replied, without giving her my undivided attention.

"Nah, I am not in the mood for Mexican. I want to eat momos."

"Then why are you eating my head? Go order momos."

"I can't imagine you putting up with her everyday. You must have the tolerance level of Swami Vivekananda." Jannat laughed.

"Hey! That's mean" Preksha pouted. She was a best selling author for the entire world, or maybe not since she wrote under a pen name so no one knew it was her, but for us she was a child. Since she loved chaos and trouble, she unofficially worked from my office. You can always find chaos at a law firm. It worked perfectly because I didn't use my office as much as a normal businesswoman would. Being a lawyer, I was always extinguishing fires or meeting with my clients. 

"That's true. Maybe now I am ready for marriage, my husband can not be more annoying than her." I joked while Preksha just made a face at me. Just then there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." 

"Sam," Elena, my PA, walked in, "Mr. Raghuvanshi is on the line, he has his final answer regarding the settlement." She pressed the keys on the phone on my desk to connect the line and put it on speaker. 

"Good morning, Mr. Raghuvanshi." I greeted, leaning back in my chair.

"Good morning, Ms. Arora. I believe I have good news for you." A deep voice spoke from the other end.

"Really? Let's hear it, then."

"My client has agreed to the settlement. I will swing by your office with the paperwork in the evening."

"That is indeed good news. Your client made a wise choice. But you could have informed this to my assistant. You wanted to speak to me because?" 

"My client did make a minor change." Mr. Raghuvanshi hesitated while I raised my eyebrows. "She agreed to settle for five million and a public apology from your client saying the fire was their fault due to carelessness on their part."

I took a deep breath and replied, "That settlement is off the table, Mr. Raghuvanshi. I will see you in court."

"Ms. Arora, you have to understand my client is grieving and angry, she is-"