Date Night

I am going on a date with my to-be-fiancée

I am going on a date with my to-be-fiancée. I should be ecstatic about it, right? Nope, I am furious. When your to-be-fiancée is an asshole named Vihaan Randhawa, you would be too. So, I am currently fighting with my mom, trying to back out of this entire situation. 

"But, mom-" I whine. That's it. I have hit rock bottom if I am actually whining.

"Samiksha, stop it and grow up. You have not had one conversation with your future husband. You need to get to know him, after all you'll be spending your entire life with him." My mother scolded me. She was right. I did need to get to know him, and not just by stalking him on the Internet. I needed to have a conversation with the man, and make it clear that I was not going to be a wife he could walk all over. 

"But why do I have to meet him alone? Why can't I meet him with everyone else?" I continued whining. I don't know why it bothered me so much, why he bothered me so much. It was just a dinner with a man, a man I did not even like, for God's sake. But there was something about Vihaan Randhawa that told me I should not be in a room alone with him. He didn't scare me. No, it felt like he consumed me, if I would be alone with him, he would consume me until I couldn't remember who I was. I remember the first time my eyes met his, I could barely keep myself together. He made me lose control, and I hated him for that. 

My mother chose to ignore me until I got ready, so I sulked to my room and put on a simple green dress, perfect for a first date. We were not going out to any restaurant like a normal couple, since we didn't want this alliance to be public, yet. We were going to a private yacht trip. That means I would be stuck on a boat with Vihaan Randhawa, completely surrounded by nothing but water, for a few hours. Great. 

Once I put on makeup, shoes and lightly accessorized the outfit, I sent a mirror picture to the group chat. After the outfit was approved by my girls, I was about to leave when my mother finally decided to speak to me again.

"Wait! Where are you going? Vihaan's not here yet." 

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. 

"I mean he is coming to pick you up. You look beautiful, by the way." She smiled at me lovingly. 

"Mom. I can go by myself, I don't need him to pick me up."

"He offered, Samiksha. I was not going to say no." I just sighed.

"Fine. Whatever."