Winners, Losers and Prizes

After a week of negotiations, a final settlement meeting had been set for today

After a week of negotiations, a final settlement meeting had been set for today. Both the sides were unwilling to concede and for good reason. However, I knew I had to win this case. Now that my father had made me the bet I couldn't afford to lose, because losing would mean working with Samiksha Arora for the next eight months. As if I already wouldn't see her enough (since we were getting married and everything), seeing her at office would drive me absolutely crazy.

The meeting was to be held at the conference room next door. I was just happy that after today's meeting she wouldn't have to come here again. My lawyer, Priyal, knew about our arranged marriage (after all she was one of the few people who had reviewed the idea) but so did some of my other employees (gossip spreads faster than wildfire) and they acted very differently whenever we had meetings. 

I was just going to enter the conference room when a voice stopped me.

"Ek second, mein bhi aa raha hu." Aaryan sprinted from the elevator to where I was standing, a tub of popcorn in hand, waiting for me to move inside the room. I just raised an eyebrow at him.

"Kya? Maine kaha tha na ki mein next meeting mein baithunga. Bas aa gaya mein. Devansh bhi aane wala tha but usko kaam se kahi jaana padgaya."

"Get out." I stated as if he could even think I would let him enter.

"Dekh. You can't technically throw me out of here- I am a shareholder of this company and deserve to sit in meetings like these." I didn't want to argue with this asshole because Samiksha could come at any moment and I would rather her not see this, it would only feed her ego.

"Fine, whatever. Just get rid of that, will you?" I pointed towards the tub of popcorn in his hand, "You're not entering my meeting with that shit."

"It's not shit, it's literally pop-" Before he could finish I interrupted him, calling my assistant who was behind him.

"Neha, throw this in the dustbin. It shouldn't enter this room. In fact, get it off this floor." I told her and headed inside. A downcast Aaryan followed me inside with Priyal.

Two minutes later Kavya and Samiksha entered the conference room. My eyes met with hers to find the same emotionless pits. Both of them took their seats opposite us when Samiksha looked at me with raised eyebrows and then pointedly at Aaryan. He has never been in any of our meetings before so I could understand the confusion.

"Bhabhi, I hope you don't mind me sitting in on this meeting. I just really want to see Vihaan get his ass kicked." Aaryan is grinning, seated comfortably in his chair. This motherfucker. I knew I shouldn't have let him enter.

"Absolutely not. In fact, I'd prefer it. After all, what's a win if there is no one to witness it?" Samiksha appears at ease, mocking me, but not for very long. I intend to wipe that smirk off her face today.

"We'll see about that, Ms. Arora." 

"We sure will. Especially after the new evidence we got our hands on."