Epilogue Part II

December 2nd
2 years later

"Lottie!"

Stressed is an understatement. There is just no word that would describe how Louis is feeling right now. Heart galloping, outbreak of sweat and his mind racing faster than Louis could keep up with his thinking. Wearing only his shirt and underpants, he rushes frantically through his room at the Bluebird Inn. As he was putting on his white shirt, he suddenly remembered that he should immediately check whether the rings were still there. After all, he's responsible for it and better safe than sorry, right? It's better to check again now than later without standing there in front of Harry. And that's why Louis now runs around the hotel room like a headless chicken with only his shirt and his briefs, looking for the rings that are suddenly no longer in the place in the suitcase where he was absolutely certain he had put them when he was packing the little suitcase yesterday.

"Lottiiiieeee?" he calls desperately a second time and throws all the objects out of the suitcase behind him, his voice just as shrill as the alarm bells ringing loudly in his mind.

"What's wrong brother dear?" Lottie asks behind him, completely relaxed and just coming out of the bathroom.

"Please tell me you know where I put the rings?" Louis whines, throwing his hands up in the air in desperation.

Lottie giggles softly and begins to pick up the clothes that were thrown behind him and finally crouches on the floor next to Louis.

"Okay. Breath in and out deeply. Where was the last time you saw them?"

"In my fucking suitcase, Lottie or do you think I'm sitting in front of it for fun?" Louis asks and blinks angrily at his sister. Theoretically he knows that she's not to blame for it, but she's now the victim of all of his emotions and he's immediately sorry. Lottie just looks at him with a raised eyebrow but then puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Can you please calm down for a moment so that we can think about where they could be?"

Louis nods, breathes a quiet apology and closes his eyes to compose himself. But it doesn't help much. Instead, the next moment he jumps up and runs to his jacket, maybe he had put it inside so that it was ready to hand? But nothing either.

"Louis, please relax. I'll look through all your things and you get changed or do you want to be late for your own wedding?" His sister's hand on his shoulder again, grounding him.

I wouldn't miss marrying my angel for the world. If necessary, even without rings. Chill out.

Louis bites his lip hard to keep from screaming out of desperation and frustration and goes back to the bed where his pants are lying to do as his sister suggested.

All in white, he will marry Harry today. In keeping with their winter wedding on the date they met two years ago, both of them decided to get married in completely white. White as pure as their love and just like the winter landscape in which they fell head over heels in love.

On the same night of their engagement, they lay awake until dawn and cuddled up in bed discussing their wedding and wishes. And now a year later, everything they wanted is coming true. A small wedding at the Bluebird Inn and Louis in his old room number 28 from two years ago to spend the night before the wedding away from Harry. After the wedding, both of them will get a tattoo from Louis' friend Zayn to carry their love under their skin forever. Louis already knew that Lottie would be his maid of honour and Harry also made a quick decision and named Niall as his best man.

Everything is planned down to the smallest detail and Louis can hardly wait to finally be able to marry Harry, to live his life as his husband from now on and, above all, to finally see him again after hours of separation. Right now, at this moment, he needs his anchor more than ever to bring him back to his safe haven on the stormy sea of his emotions.