December 22nd

"And you really can't come with us?"

"Lou, you're only travelling for a few hours. We will survive!"

"Not quite sure about that. I'll miss you! So much!"

Theatrical sigh, puppy eyes and a pout. It has to convince him.

"Awww babe I'll miss you too but no. It's your birthday the day after tomorrow and I don't have a present for you! Just let me shop!"

"I don't need a present-" Louis wants to argue but is stopped directly.

"Louis!"

"Oh god, are you two finally done?" Niall sighs behind them and rolls his eyes as both of their heads turn towards him.

Louis gives him the middle finger in response with a grin and then turns back to Harry.

"Come on, you better kiss me and stop sulking, we still have the whole afternoon. And we don't want to strain Niall's patience," Harry smiles lovingly at Louis, nudging the tip of his nose and then pulling him into a slow kiss with one hand on his cheek.

Louis sighs softly into the kiss, pulls Harry closer to him with both hands on his hips and finds that even a few hours of separation is too much. He doesn't need anything except his boyfriend. No car waiting for him with a new battery, no birthday present and definitely not a second without Harry.

"Um, hello? I'm still standing here. Can you finally stop kissing?"

Harry chuckles softly into their kiss before pecking Louis gently one last time and then pushing him towards his friend.

"Have fun you two and drive nice and slow. It's supposed to snow a lot later," Harry says while Louis is still pouting and steps towards Niall, who is leaning against the bannister in front of Harry's apartment.

"And you really don't want to come?" Louis tries one last time.

"I swear to god..." Niall mutters while Harry lets out a snort and shakes his head.

Instead, he pushes Niall and Louis down the stairs with a hand on each of their shoulders and then gives Louis a light slap on the bum.

"Bye, bye!" Harry chirps while Louis grumbles and runs down the stairs behind Niall.

Having sat down in Niall's car, Louis immediately turns up the heater and turns on the heated seats so that Niall looks at him with raised eyebrows.

"Are you missing Harry's body heat already?" he winks and begins to drive to the city, about an hour away, where Louis' car is in the workshop.

"Stop poking in the wound," Louis replies, folding his arms around his middle, the car still far too cold for his liking.

"You're acting like a needy Omega, are you aware of that?" Niall cackles, shaking his head in amusement without ever taking his eyes off the road.

"Like what?" Louis asks, confused.

"Nevermind," Niall laughs, waving his hand.

Louis decides to ask Harry afterwards if he knows what Niall is talking about and stares out the window. As they drive past 'Little Rendezvous' he can't wait to be alone with Harry afterwards, as both of them have planned to do some more work in there today when Louis gets back. And he can cuddle with Hugo. A perfect end to the day and compensation for having to pick up his car without Harry.

"By the way, you make a lovely couple, you and Harry," Niall breaks the silence. "Even if it's almost a little disturbing to watch you."

"Thanks Niall," Louis grins. "But have you ever been in love and behaved like that? We are certainly not as bad as you make us out to be."