Chapter 16 Aye

~Storybrooke (Present)~

When I woke up, it was dark outside. Hook wasn't in the bed, so I made my way up to the main deck to find him. There was no sign of him. I grew nervous. He'll usually tell me where he is going. Maybe he didn't want me to know. That only made my nervousness worse. I pulled out my phone and dialed Mary Margaret. 

"Hey, Phoenix. What's going on?" She started. 

"I'm not sure. There was an altercation earlier between Hook and Rumple. Now I don't know where Hook is, and I'm worried." My voice was shaking, and not because of the crisp air that whipped around my face. 

"Okay, Emma's still doing some rounds. I'll give her a ring and tell her to keep an eye out." I sighed. 

"She's not going to do that for me. He's not technically missing." 

"She will if I tell her you think Hook will do something bad." She had a point. It might be the only way to have help looking for him. 

"Alright. I'm going to drive around and see if I can find him. Have Emma give me a ring if she knows anything." I ended the call and walked the short distance to Granny's diner where I have my truck parked. I reached under the wheel well to retrieve my keys. No one in this town ever steals. They know not to steal from me. I hopped in and then drove around the town. Everything seemed normal, but it was dark, so I couldn't see that much. I drove to Rumple's shop and it was closed. Same with the library, too. I'm not sure where he could have gone. I made it a point to go down the road towards the forest. It doesn't hurt to check. 

I opened the window as I drove, feeling the night breeze blow my hair around in all directions. Night driving soothed me, but in this moment, I wasn't calm. The feeling got even worse when I saw some figures in the distance. I turned on my brights to see farther ahead. It was Hook, Rumple, and Belle. Belle was on the ground, with Rumple holding her. Hook had a gun in his hand. Rumple had a fire ball and was ready to use it. Then, what felt like slow motion, I saw a car speeding towards Hook. It slammed into him, and he flew to the side of the road. This caused the car to lose control and swerve into my lane. It hit my side of the truck.

I heard the loudest noise possible and struggled to open my eyes. When I finally did, my whole body was hurting, and I was leaning to my right. My seatbelt kept me from falling, and that's when I realized that my truck was on its side. The windshield was shattered, but I knew I could get out that way. I reached down and took off the seat belt and used the wheel to keep my balance. I set my feet on the center console. My body felt weak, and I was shaking, trying to get out. I climbed and grabbed the tallest part of the hood and lay across it on my stomach. I let go and slid down into the dirt, which made me hurt even more.

I laid there for a moment in agony. It felt hard to breathe. I had to make sure Hook was okay, so with the strength and adrenaline I still had, I stood up on my feet. Barely. I was hunched over the whole time, and I used my truck to steady myself. My truck was completely smashed in. It'll be hard to fix this one. I made it to the street but collapsed to my knees. I could see Hook across the way, moving slightly. He was still alive. I saw the headlights approach, and I knew he was going to be taken care of. I heard car doors slam shut and running. 

"Phoenix! Are you okay? What the hell happened?" It was David. He placed a hand on my shoulder. I gestured to my broken truck. 

"I got hit. Hook got hit. Some random guy, I think, is hurt. Belle is probably hurt." I groaned, and David leaned me onto him. It gave me some relief. "I didn't even see the car until it was too late. I couldn't move in time." 

"It's okay. We have an ambulance on the way. You'll be okay." David tried to calm me down. 

"Hook? Is someone with him?" I breathed in, and it hurt with every breath it took. "Ahh, it hurts!" I screamed.