Chapter 29 If You Want It, Take It

~The Enchanted Forest (Past)~

As soon as the waters were calm enough, I engulfed Hook in a hug. My arms went around his neck, and his arms wrapped around my waist. I buried my head in his neck and took a few deep breaths. 

"I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you." I said into his neck. 

"I'm right here, love. No curse is going to get rid of me." His chin rested on the side of my head. We stayed like that until Hook pulled away. He moved some of the wet hair from my face. His hand came up and rested behind my neck. His thumb was on my cheek, and he softly ran his thumb back and forth. I shut my eyes, enjoying his touch. I felt the breath of his lips on mine, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I connected our lips. It sent shivers down my body. The kiss was delicate and slow but quickly became more desperate. My hands moved to his wet hair, and I tugged on it. I wanted to feel all of him. I felt if I stopped, he would disappear again. I didn't realize how hard I was pulling until he spoke. 

"Easy, love. I'm not going anywhere." I bit my lip and rested my forehead against his. My hands hanging onto his trench coat. 

"I missed you. Going to sleep wasn't the same. I hated it." 

"I know. I was scared when you passed out. There wasn't much I could do apart from getting the ship as far away from Whitebeard's men as possible." He looked up and had a confused look on his face. "How'd the ship get fixed?" 

"I did it. I had no idea if there were any holes. I used my magic to fix it." He smiled at me. 

"Thank you, Phoenix." He paused. "I mean, Captain." Just then, I heard all of the crew cheering and shouting. They started throwing their hats in the air and hugging each other. We won another battle. 

"Mr. Smee! Would you go down below and grab the item I told you about?" Hook called, and Mr. Smee was off much too quickly. 

"Item?" I questioned. 

"Close your eyes." I sighed but did it anyway. I heard footsteps come up the stairs. "Open." I opened my eyes, and Hook held a hat in front of me. It was black that faded to brown around the edges. Brown, dark blue, dark green, and gray feathers protruded from it. There was one really big, long, and black father that stuck out father than the rest. A small chain hung from the side of the hat that stretched around the back to the other side where it was connected. Torn up black fabric fell down along the sides, adding to the aesthetic of the hat. I loved it. Hook handed it to me. I took it and put it on. It was heavier than I thought, but I'd get used to it. 

"This is so cool. I love it!" I said with a huge smile on my face. He held my hand and roughly pulled me close by my waist. 

"We will both Captain this ship. Nothing will tear us apart." He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. He walked me over to the stairs and looked out to the crew. 

"Meet your new Captain!" He shouted, and all the crew cheered louder. They held their swords in the air, and I did the same. Feeling ecstatic and filled with warmth. I was one of them. Now and forever. I turned back to Hook. 

"I love you." I said. 

"And I, you." We stared into each other's eyes. Those dreamy blue eyes pierced into my soul. Fixing every broken part of me and healing every emotion that almost destroyed me. Helping me move on from my past and look towards the future that was full of possibilities. 

"As much as I hate to ruin this precious moment." Blackbeard spoke, and we both looked over at him. "There is one thing we still have to do." 

"Riker." I said softly.