christmas special!

Hoa was sitting next to the campfire, watching the flames move and flicker. The winter in New York was cold, and right now, Hoa was too tired to do anything.

A figure walked up to her, sitting to her right and putting his head to her shoulder.

Hoa smiled. "Hi, Neeks."

Nico pressed a kiss to her neck. "Hey."

He glanced around to see if anyone was watching—although everyone was at Thalia's tree, which was decorated for Christmas. Nico wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his lap as she giggled.

"Tired," he muttered.

Hoa glanced back with worry. "Did you not get enough sleep last night?"

"No."

She sighed, wiggling herself out of Nico's arms. "Come on, Hades Cabin. Now."

He groaned. "Whyy..." His words slurred as he complained.

"Because you need sleep."

He grumbled, but once Hoa stood and started walking, he quickly got up and ran after her, grabbing her hand and walking with her.

~•~•~

They reached the midnight black cabin. Nico shuffled inside while Hoa followed suit, closing the door behind them. He immediately grabbed her hand and made her fall into bed with him.

"Nico, what the fuck?!"

His arms surrounded her. "Hush."

"Dipshit."

"Sweetheart."

"Bitch."

"I know you love this."

She grumbled, but they both knew it was true.

Nico gave a small kiss to the corner of her mouth, making her smile. "Neeks..."

"Hush." His arms turned her around so that now her back was to his chest. He stroked the part where her shirt lifted as she drifted off into Hypnos's realm, Nico pressing a small kiss to her temple. "Goodnight."

~•~•~

Hoa woke up to find Nico sleeping peacefully, his arms still holding her close. She tried moving, but he was sleeping too heavily.

She readjusted herself as she kissed Nico on the lips, making him stir. "Merry Christmas."

Nico smiled to her. "Merry Christmas."

He got up, holding her bridal style as Hoa kicked a little bit. "Neeks..."

"Shh..." He cooed. "I got you a present."

She stopped. "Really?"

He smiled down at her while he opened a dresser, revealing a carefully wrapped box, all black. He dropped her down on the bed and handed it to her. "Here you go."

Hoa reached out with both arms and hugged him. "I don't deserve you."

Nico raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? I don't deserve you."

"We don't deserve each other," she amended. "But we're here anyways."

Hoa unwrapped the gift, holding up the small box that made the gift. She gasped, holding it close. "I love it!"

It was a traditional Vietnamese áo dài in all red. It was beautiful and folded all nearly around a piece of cardboard.

Arms wrapped around her and pulled Hoa to Nico's lap. She giggled as he kissed her neck.