Aftercare (Trial #2 Complete)

Stevonnie sunk into the bubbles of the tub, after making the water just dipping below the limit for warm. They stretched the soreness from their bodies, feeling it fade quickly as his powers worked their course.

"Have you ever noticed Stevonnie has a heat intolerance?" They scratched at their scruff as suds tickled it. "Yeah, it's weird. I love your warm."

"Well, I love your cool. We're like Ruby and Sapphire," He told her.

"Not those two lovesick fools." Connie rolled her eyes – playful and giddy.

It felt like Steven hugged her. "Yes. We are an experience."

"I can't argue with that."

The silence lulled on, soft warm wisps of champagne and vanilla gracing their noses.

Their closeness to one another, this higher level of connection was necessary for them to be content. There was a sense of peace forcing their eyes to shut, basking in the remnants of afterglow and love.

It was like the honeymoon stage of their dating, a newness tickling at their heels. They thought about themselves and each other, wondering what could have changed so much that they both felt so good.

The water did not help with their sudden buoyancy, but the exhaustion that came after did.

Steven could dreamwalk, even in Stevonnie and they talked and kissed about everything they felt.

Water sloshed to the floor as Connie and Steven split in their sleep, an unintentional out loud utter had pushed them apart even as they clambered out together, slipping on the floor as they raced to the bed.

She tackled Steven, sitting right over his gem and making him gasp in too much air. "F-fuck."

"Incompatibility makes compatibility." Connie's eyes were wide with epiphany.

"Puzzle pieces," He noted how her hand fit between his fingers. "We're puzzle pieces."

It was horrifyingly poetic, nauseatingly so. His jagged edges, the hectic dips of which he was perfectly matched against hers. His arch's were her divots, his edges her horizon.

"Isn't that scary?" She whispered. "Doesn't it sound so final?"

"Yes, but it doesn't scare me. I like that we match by not matching." He rotated their hands and kissed hers. "Like sun rises and sunsets."

She hummed. "Not quite. Like moon rises and sunsets."

"Technicalities."

"Shut up," Her mirthy tease made him feel like light.

"Make me."

Her eyes lit up to the challenge.