Abduction as Seduction (Trial #1) Part 2 🍋

(Beginning of Scenes will be 1st person for further immersion)

(Connie's POV)

I was having a wonderful time. I mingled with our old college friends, thoughts of Stevens incoming kidnapping fading as the buzz grew louder in my brain.

Every once in awhile I could swear I saw a flash of pink and I would seize in fear and anticipation. Jacob and Jasmin's house was 30 minutes out of Beach City, a nice secluded area where I felt safe. He hadn't known which friend I went to hang out with until he had visited to tease me, presumably already missing my presence. And now he knew I needed it as much as I craved it.

To my utter shock, two days passed until I had decided to leave. The crew was still hanging out, but I was starting to get worried. Had he gotten cold feet? Was he having an episode?

"Connie, it's really dark out there. I'm gonna text Steven," Hazel threatened.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you guys later okay? The weekend sleepover was nice, I love you guys!" I darted out the door, my heart still holding out hope that I would be in his arms at any second as he tackled me to the ground.

I would thrash and I would try to scream, and he would not let me. I would be nothing under his weight when he attacked.

After a few minutes of standing around outside of my car, I grumbled and slid in to start the ignition. My little sludge bucket of a car needed to be revved to not die on me, but Montessa was a keeper and I loved her all the same.

The drive was quiet and soothing enough, even with my head racing with worry and disappointment. The stars were bright and illustrious tonight. They poked holes through the blue black blanket almost insistently, shining as hard as they could from hundreds or millions of light years away. Maybe they didn't even exist anymore, but their light was still traveling through the expanses of space. If I squinted, I could see Homeworld from here too, just barely past the tops of the trees.

Montessa's automatic break system light turned on and I frowned, hitting the traction button to no avail. Yes, I did love this car, but it was a piece of crap. An orange warning light caught my attention too, then turning to red as I read the console carefully.

'Low Tire Pressure'

It flashed insistently and I rolled my eyes. Montessa did this from time to time, telling me that her tires were low in pressure when they were in fact not.

However, then I felt a pop that made my stomach drop. Four distinct sounds of tires blowing out, terrified me as my car wildly fishtailed for a moment before coming to a complete stop.

I was rattled, the stench of burnt rubber and asphalts union permeated the air. Was anything broken? I wiggled my toes and fingers, shifting around slightly until my entire body was cleared. I'd had my seatbelt on thankfully.

I let out a gutteral groan of irritation and pulled out my phone to call Steven and tell him it was off. I was disappointed in a million ways, caught off of this tiny gravel road.

No bars. Of course.

Right before I had a mental breakdown, there was a car pulling up behind me and honking its horn rudely. I rolled down the window and yelled at them, "I'm stuck, asshole!"

They kept honking and I slammed my fist on the hazards, the steady clicking now the only sound in these deep dark woods.

I held up my phone a bit higher, pleading with it to get a signal. Steven would be terrified if he didn't get his daily check in and I had already had very few bars back out at J&J's.