☾ 3

"This place is really a dump," Jamal told me as we both stood outside of the motel. We arrived a little bit before three o'clock in the morning as planned. Athena, Aspen, and Maddox were in our two bedroom motel suite asleep, and to my knowledge, everyone else were in their rooms asleep as well. I still wasn't tired and I assumed Jamal wasn't either. We were both just standing outside looking at the skylines of the bustling Atlanta. Honestly, I agreed with him. This place was a dump. Next time, I was just going to go out on the limb and get us a nice hotel in the center of the city. I'm sure no one would bother us, and if they did, I always had my piece on me.

"Yeah, man. I know," I said as I sat down on the curb. Jamal joined me and I looked towards him. "You know, Athena wants me to put everything away. No more Chicago. No more drugs. No more gang. What do you think?" I trusted Jamal's opinion. He was a really good friend and he kept it completely honest.

"Leave it. Your girl says leave. You leave. If you don't, she will. Simple as that. I'm thinking about stopping, too. To be honest, Phoenix thinks he's done with it since he met that Reese girl. Charlie is crazy about Gabby so he just may quit. Jett, you know, Jett is going to follow you wherever you go. If you're not leading anymore, then she's dropping out as well. Giovanni is a good leader. I think he can take over. He reminds me of you with the hothead and all. The only bad thing is that he's not patient. He needs a bit more training, but after that, he'd be great for the crew," Jamal voiced. I looked down at the cement as I thought about what he had just said.

I didn't even know that he, Charlie, and Phoenix were contemplating leaving. It would be easy for them. They were just dealing drugs and accompanying me everywhere. They could leave without a question, but it was a bit more complicated for me. I needed someone to take my place. Giovanni was the golden ticket, but as Jamal said, he needed some work. Not having patience wasn't going to do anything but get him killed. If he was to get killed, then the crew would be in a vulnerable state and I'd have to go running back to mend everything back together. "I'm going to call Franco in the morning and see if he'll take my spot and train Giovanni. With enough begging, he'll give in. I'll no longer be in charge. The torch will be handed to Franco and he'll hand it to Giovanni when he feels the timing is right," I said matter-of-factly. I wasn't going to let this childish drug sh-t get in front of me and my family again.

A big smile spread across Jamal's face. "So, you'll no longer be my boss, huh? Now, I can beat you up every time your b-tchass makes me angry," he joked.

With a nod of his head, he opened his mouth again. "I'm out, too. As soon as you tell me that you're giving it all up to Franco, I'm done. Let's shake on it."

Jamal's big hand reached towards me and I shook it firmly. I felt as if a weight was lifted off of my shoulders and I hadn't even gotten the 'okay' from Franco yet. "So, tell me," Jamal started off with a smirk on her face, "has Athena given up the p-ssy yet?"

I rolled my eyes at him for even bringing that up. I've been trying to ignore my sexual need. The last time I f-cked someone was a month ago and I was drugged and barely remembered a thing. Athena and I hadn't done anything in forever since I haven't been there to do anything. "Don't even talk about that. I was so f-cking horny last night. It's like when she's mad at me, she's ten times sexier. It makes things so much worse," I poured out to Jamal. He chuckled at me as he mindlessly played with his fingers. "I know Noa has gave you some."

"Hell yeah, as soon as she walked through the door. No words were said. Laid down the d-ck. No condom. Do you know how good it felt once I slid my d-ck into her?" I quickly covered my ears and closed my eyes. God! I didn't want to hear this! "She was so f-cking tight. I mean, it had been months. The only sexual activity we both had was through phone sex. See, if you were a good wife. You'd have phone sex with your girl, but no. Kai has to put things before work."