☾ 21

There were no words to describe how furious I was at the moment. I regretted ever meeting Athena in my whole life. All the sh-t she said today pushed me to a point of what I felt had no return. She hit me with some real hard bullets and I genuinely didn't know what to say so I hit her with one as well, even though it was a lie. I just needed to hurt her just as bad as she hurt me. I wanted her to feel the exact pang in my chest that I got when she mentioned my parents. She deserved every word and every lick I threw at her. There was a line and she f-cking crossed it, so I was going to cross some as well.

"What the f-ck is wrong with you, huh," Jamal screamed at me once we got into his and Noa's room. Charlie, Phoenix and Jett were all there as well, staring at me as if I had lost my f-cking mind. They obviously didn't hear what she said to me. Who am I kidding? They probably did. The blame was just always put on me because I was mel No one ever took my side and I was always the one f-cking sh-t up.

When I didn't answer the question, he grabbed me by the shirt and slammed me against the wall. I stared him blankly with absolutely no reaction. At the moment, I couldn't give less of a f-ck about anything. F-ck everyone at this point. "You f-cking hit her, Kai! You've been fighting so hard for this marriage only for it to end like this! I don't give a damn what she said but you should've been the better women! Now everyone's going to hate you! Your kids are going to hate you! Her family is going to hate you! My girl is going to hate you! You really f-cked up."

"You're right! I did f-ck up! I f-cked up ever since I was f-cking born. First, my parents. Then getting involved in the drug game. Marrying Athena. Every f-cking thing I've done in my life has been a sh-tty f-cking choice! I get it, Jamal and I don't need you or anyone else reminding me! F-ck our marriage! If that b-tch doesn't have enough respect to know what's off limits to bring up then she doesn't deserve me!" I pushed Jamal so he would let go of me and straightened out my clothing. "F-ck them all! And if you guys want to act brand new and sh-t then f-ck you too! Don't act like you haven't done sh-t either!"

"Kai, we all f-ck up! It's life, but all the terrible sh-t I've done was in the past. I've learned from my mistakes and I worked on being a better man for my wife. You're not trying to change yourself for Athena! You claim you are but you're doing the same sh-t over and over again and expecting different results. You're f-cking insane! Athena doesn't want a drug lord anymore, Kai! She wants a wife! You have to leave that sh-t behind and be here for your wife," Jamal urged. I rolled my eyes at him and looked away. I didn't have sh-t to say. He didn't understand me.

"Listen, you can say what you want but all I know is that I want to be on the first flight out to Chicago. There's no apologizing for what she said and maybe for her there's no apologizing for what I said. It's over for us and I just have to accept that. We're two different people with two different understandings on life. I should've just f-cked her and kept on moving when we met, but I got attached. That's my fault. Maybe by this divorce, I can learn from my mistakes and maybe find someone who can accept me for me. Someone who doesn't expect me to change my lifestyle and the way I act for their preference."

"You're being crazy, Kai. She'll take the kids away from you," Phoenix voiced his opinion. I had almost forgotten that other people were in the room other than Jamal and I. I looked over to my other friend whom I had known for years. He seemed concerned for me. They all did. "If you go to Chicago, this needs to be your last time. You need to finish the job and quit the game for real this time. This is my last time going back with you. I've been as loyal as I could, but I have a girl as well and the last thing I want is for our relationship to end like you and Athena's."

I clenched my jaw and looked down at the ground at the thought of my kids. They were most likely out of my life forever now. "I agree with Phoenix," Charlie said with a nod. "There has to be a time when we grow up and settle down."